Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have an 04, just bought it 2 weeks ago. It has 1800mi on it, and from the sounds of it have been pretty easy on it compared to some. At any rate, two days ago I was driving it and it seemed pretty sluggish, I wasn't feeling that pull around 2500rpms, thought maybe it was bad gas, well that night I got on it and watched the boost gauge and in 3rd gear at WOT it was only running 10lbs. Well yesterday morning I got on it again and this is what happened, 1st gear-5lbs, 2nd gear-5lbs, 3rd-10bls, 4th-13lbs, and the kicker in 5 gear at WOT it jumped to 18lbs and I heard an odd whistling sounds I've never heard before. BTW, it's stock no turbo upgrades. Then today I drove it again and in every gear is was fine except 1st where it ran just 5lbs again. I called the dealership and am bringing it in in the morning, but I thought maybe someone could give me some insight as to what it might be.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Actually, 1st and 4th gear seems OK...I would be worried more about 2nd and 3rd...that's wierd...

Do you still have traction issues in first gear even with the 5lbs???

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the tires still broke loose one time I did it, but there is still a loss of power. Even w/ the boost it doesn't feel like it has any.

·
Registered
53 Posts
sounds like ya got a boost leak somewhere,i had a boost leak going into the hot side of the intercooler i just repositioned the clamp and tightened the hell out of it and so far so good no more funny whistling noise and power has returned to normal.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My first thought was boost leak, but why the 18lbs in 5th. A leak should produce less boost not more shouldn't it? Thanks for the help btw

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
unless it starts recognizing it in 5th and tries to compensate.....could have a really screwed up guage too....what's it show at idle and when the car is off?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At idle it runs about 20mg/hg(or whatever the hell it is) and goes straight to 0 when I shut it off. I'm pretty sure it's not the guage, although even at 18lbs it wasn't accelerating worth a damn.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
2004BlackSRT4 said:
At idle it runs about 20mg/hg(or whatever the hell it is) and goes straight to 0 when I shut it off. I'm pretty sure it's not the guage, although even at 18lbs it wasn't accelerating worth a damn.
BOost leak, check the green line at the turbo, or the blue line too.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
yep, exactly what everyone else said...its a boost leak. That wierd noise you heard was probably an air leak in the tube. If you cant see any loose clamps or maybe even a punctured hole, then just take it to the dealer. They shouldnt give you a hard time...its still stock.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i got a mean leak somewhere. have to check it out. was jumpin on the 880 after work last night and noticed i was only boostin 7psi in through all gears. WTF?!?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
check all your vacume lines. green, blue, and even the pink one going to your stock surge valve. i zip tied all mine down as others have coz they have been known to pop off or come loose under high boost. also, intercooler pipes have been known to come loose or even pop off causing a huge boost leak. you'll get the problem fixed!!!:)

·
Registered
99 Posts
2004blacksrt4 said:
Okay, I have an 04, just bought it 2 weeks ago. It has 1800mi on it, and from the sounds of it have been pretty easy on it compared to some. At any rate, two days ago I was driving it and it seemed pretty sluggish, I wasn't feeling that pull around 2500rpms, thought maybe it was bad gas, well that night I got on it and watched the boost gauge and in 3rd gear at WOT it was only running 10lbs. Well yesterday morning I got on it again and this is what happened, 1st gear-5lbs, 2nd gear-5lbs, 3rd-10bls, 4th-13lbs, and the kicker in 5 gear at WOT it jumped to 18lbs and I heard an odd whistling sounds I've never heard before. BTW, it's stock no turbo upgrades. Then today I drove it again and in every gear is was fine except 1st where it ran just 5lbs again. I called the dealership and am bringing it in in the morning, but I thought maybe someone could give me some insight as to what it might be.
Sounds like your car was not warmed up SRT's will not go to full boost till the temp gauge is out of the gray area

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SRTboy 04 said:
Sounds like your car was not warmed up SRT's will not go to full boost till the temp gauge is out of the gray area
No it was warm, it still ran like that at 200 degrees, it was just off and on, so I'm pretty sure it's a loose clamp somewhere. The dealership is looking at it, although I'm really starting to think they're incompetent. The bastards took it for a drive w/o telling me, even though I told them exactly what the problem was. Still waiting for them to call, I was supposed to run at the drag strip tonite, although I can't tell them that. :rofl:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got the problem fixed, it was a leak, the dealership went through and tightened everything up and the cars running the best it has yet. Although the bastards wasted over a quarter tank of gas messing w/ it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts