Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, normally i am not posting much and i am trying to find the informations using the search button. Unfortunately this one had too many answers and i need advices.

I have an AGP WGA on stock turbo and stock PCM. When i am at WOT and boost set over 15 psi the boost gauge reading is shaking/vibrating and the car won't accelerate correctly. If i set it too high like 18 psi, i can hear a machine gun sound from the engine at WOT. I don't really like this because each times i set the boost a little too high my CEL is flashing for about 5-6 seconds and then shut off. No error codes.

I have the stock coils, no MSD. I didn't had this problem in the past, looks like i have this problem since i recently put some octane booster in my premium unleaded fuel for a race.

Not sure if there is a relation but i need advice on this. Right now i set the WGA to 14 psi and it is running correctly even at WOT.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is the exact thing i am thinking. The firing seems to be the source. Other than that, what could it be ?

I just don't understand why if i set the boost at 14 psi the firing is just fine and at 18 psi it start going wild.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
at 18psi your stock pcm is not very happy and starts pulling timing. When this happens your afrs go from rich to extremely rich and the car will bog down feeling like you've got about 116 horsepower. Most people on here refer to it as "hitting a brick wall" Don't sweat the MSD coil, you don't need one of those anyways. The stock one will actually outperform it as well as last a hell of a lot longer. MSD wires are a good upgrade, as well as checking your plugs and gapping them much lower than the dealership recommended .050. You should have them somewhere in the .036-.038 range instead. I personally recommend the NGK 4306s as do most people in here unless you wanna spit up 11 bucks a peice for the denso iridiums gapped at .028. When the cell flashes like that and you don't get a code that's typically due to a spark blowing out or misfiring. With the way most people drive these fun little cars it's good to replace plugs ever 5K-10K miles, I think the dealership recommends like every 30K miles but they're usually trashed by then

·
Registered
201 Posts
my car just started doing the same thing at wot i changed the spark plugs they looked good
it started runing a little better but still if the boost gets just a little over 15 it goes crazy
up till then runs fine

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
srt-4ya said:
my mods are msd wired and coil stage 2 waste gate 3 in dp and 3 in side exit exhast only cel is 420
Get rid of the msd coil and put the stock one back in, then do a search for a the 02 non fouler mod

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
A word of advice for all the newbies.

WHEN YOU'RE FUCKING CEL COMES ON AND IS BLINKING... IT MEANS SOMETHING IS WRONG CURRENTLY AND YOU SHOULD STOP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

·
Registered
201 Posts
yeah i know about the non fouler mod i bought one today but i have to drill it out and install
msd coil came on the car i dont have a stock one i am going to switch out with my friend to see if makes a diff.

·
Registered
201 Posts
:thumbsup:
eviilboy said:
A word of advice for all the newbies.

WHEN YOU'RE FUCKING CEL COMES ON AND IS BLINKING... IT MEANS SOMETHING IS WRONG CURRENTLY AND YOU SHOULD STOP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING.
my cel was not blinking
my stays on because i just put a dp with no cat
i have to finish up the non fouler in front of the o2 sencor til i get stage 1
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
changing the wires fixed the problem for a week, one of them was all dirty. Now it is starting again to mess. I will change the spark plugs also. Keeping you guys updated.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Also, if you are going to boost over 15psi on the stock PCM, you will need to get a MAP clamp and modify your TIP sensor to keep your PCM from trying to "save" your car.

Some stock PCM's are more "understanding" than others, so what works for one car may not work for another. Trial and error time.

- Joshua

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
you all really need to read more before upping your boost...

lol...

all of what you are experiencing have been discussed thoroughly in the past and the answers are in this forum.

my suggestion... put your boost back to 15psi and dedicate some time reading the stickies and searching for more info that pertains to your goals..

·
Registered
141 Posts
vegasDSM said:
you all really need to read more before upping your boost...

lol...

all of what you are experiencing have been discussed thoroughly in the past and the answers are in this forum.

my suggestion... put your boost back to 15psi and dedicate some time reading the stickies and searching for more info that pertains to your goals..
word:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts