Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got my '04 srt-4 and I was lucky enough to inhert some problems with it.

The belt squeal annoys me more than The boost leak... Any time I am on the throttle my belts squeals like crazy! I have tightend the alternator belt and The Ac PS belt has the spring tensioner.. so hears the prblem the belts look great. No cracking, glazing or chunks missing. So what should I do.. also is there any tips to changing the belts? it looks really rough.

The boost leak is crazy! I am only boosing at 9psi.... But I have an adjustable wastegate and I was told that the boost was set to 17.5... I only want like 15 or 14 psi. So I will turn it down once I figure out where the leak is. Whats the best way to find out where the leak is coming from?

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks,
Dave

·
SRTFORUM Moderator
23,153 Posts
Maybe a bearing going out? Tensioner bearing?

I had the same problem a while back. belt's were brand new, about 5K later, the Tensioner was taking a dump.

·
Registered
36 Posts
my power steering switch was leaking PS fluid and that fluid was going onto that belt resulting in it squeeking so check into that... i had fluid building up and dripping under my car so that could be it.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
The belts that came on these cars are SHIT........soo are NAPA's, find a Dayco belt dealer, & get a POLY COG Serpintine belt(the cogs are on the outside of the belt) for your SRT, you'll never have another squeal problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got the car up in the air and I took off the fender/belt guard and noticed that where the crankpulley is there was quite a bit of frictional wear....Should I start getting worried?, Now I did notice that the bolt that holds the pulley in place has been moved before (wrench marks). And the car was in a a front end collision so that could have happened then and just reused the same cover... But I will try to get non-mopar belts and See if I can find somewhere that has bearings for the Ps pump... Any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts