Dodge SRT Forum banner
441 - 460 of 470 Posts

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I remember driving an '03 SRT 4 (back in '03) years ago, and it did pin me to the seat. In your experience, do you still get that feeling, or can you get used to it? I know my car has a massive leak somewhere, because I can only produce around 5 psi (regulator set at 25 psi) with a boost leak test. Needless to say, car doesn't pin me to the seat, haha. Anyone with a similar experience?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my srt a week ago first turbo for me changed from honda to domestic, thank goodness. ANyways when i got it it was running stock psi i think about 12lbs. after running all weekend it threw a code come monday, got it saturday night, or 4 codes to be exact and it was only holding around 5 lbs. After reseting the pcm it was back to normal. Code came back on just one of the four this time and it was back down to 5psi. Anyone have any idea if this is more eletrical or a boost leak causing the codes. Ive searched all codes so i knowwhat they say but its confusing. Codes: p2074, p1697, p0122, p0441. Running a pressure check tomorrow for leaks any more imput would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i lied thats 2097. Looks like a lot of throttle body issues. I would check all the sensors/wires and the throttle body itself for problems. Also clean all your ground wires. It's really not too hard, but I would also take off the throttle body and thouroughly spray it down with carb cleaner and clean it well. Also wiggle the TPS and IAC wires with the car on and see if it causes idle problems. +Boost leak test!
Start here and see if anything helps.

·
Registered
91 Posts
alright so iv looked at all the vaccum line setup diagrams and what not... but i need boost line locations and what to plug and what not... after i put car back together i just cant get the shit right...i can build boost up to 20lbs but! i have a godawful leak. car idles at like -1 -2? boost when i drive and barley touch throttle -20 no hissing nothing... havent done a boost test.. only got 1 line in the silonoid...top green port all others are plugged no blue plug or anything....running vacuum from intake manifold....okay so what im saying is help? :(

·
Registered
128 Posts
alright so iv looked at all the vaccum line setup diagrams and what not... but i need boost line locations and what to plug and what not... after i put car back together i just cant get the shit right...i can build boost up to 20lbs but! i have a godawful leak. car idles at like -1 -2? boost when i drive and barley touch throttle -20 no hissing nothing... havent done a boost test.. only got 1 line in the silonoid...top green port all others are plugged no blue plug or anything....running vacuum from intake manifold....okay so what im saying is help? :(
I'd recheck/replace all your lines and double check your brake booster and intake manifold line. I had a cracked vacuum line going to the intake mani, replaced all my lines just for peace of mind and was good to go.

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm posting this here because I "think" I have a boost leak... If I'm in the wrong spot, my apologies...

I own a 04' SRT4 neon, I'm having some issues with my car... Let me start by letting you know that I knnow nothing about cars beyond oil chages... With that being said, I think I have a boost leak... I had the issue before, I had it fixed and now, its been a few years and I'm having the issue again... I don't have any serious mods to my car, outside of an intake and a AGP Wastegate and Dogbone Motor Mounts (which i also have an issue with)... Everything else is stock, the car has 55k miles and I only drive it in the summer...

While I would love to mod my car and get more HP, My main concern at this point is fixing the issues...

The car shakes sometimes when I'm sitting at idle, and also when I am driving... When I try to "get on it" (which i rarely do, even when its running perfectly) it sort of makes a sputtering sound, and I can feel that the turbo isn't boosting much...

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month
9,177 Posts
i dont have a leak but my boost doesn't go beyond 7-9 pounds. can it be that the wastegate is bad? i have a stock wastegate
Hmm possible usually bad wg cause over boost. Your manifold could be cracked. You could have an exh leak.
Are vac/boost lines correct?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm gonna come out and say it - no clue how to figure out this one.

Took my NSRT4 to a shop a few weeks ago for my throttle position sensor. Was told my turbo and waste gate were bad (not so). Got it from them and immediately noticed a boost issue - I'm getting ZERO boost and my BOV is *silent*. Vacuum is at 19-20 on my boost gauge but beyond that I'm lost on this.

Don't have anywhere in my area that's really competent or trustworthy on this. I need a place to start and some directions. Don't know of the BOV is shot or the garage dialed my boost to zero without putting back at the 18 it was set to.

HELP.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi guys. I have an 05 SRT4 Acr and I just recently installed a DCR throttle body and an AGP hard pipe with screw in IAT sensor. I'm just trying to keep my car from leaking boost. I did a boost leak test and there is was a leak around the throttle body gasket. So I take the throttle body off and put sealant on the Gasket and do another boost leak test and it still leaks!! I realized that the gasket that came with the throttle body isn't very good. I'm going to eventually buy a gasket from the dealer and put a thin layer or silicone to each side of the gasket before I put it on. That should 100% seal the leak but my question is simpler than that. I just seem to suck at getting the concept of boost leaks and air to fuel ratios. I went wide open throttle today with the leak at the throttle body and my air to fuel ratio read 12.5+. this is a lean mixture for me. My question is, DOES A BOOST LEAK AT THE THROTTLE BODY GASKET CAUSE A LEAN MIXTURE OR A RICH MIXTURE OF FUEL? Please help. Thank you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

441 - 460 of 470 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.