Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Chryster PT Cruiser
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a diablo intune i3 8345, and put a tune on my Pt Cruiser. The boost wasn't making the numbers advertised, and talked about on forums, so I got to tinkering. The stock SRT4 wastegate opened with the slightest pressure to it, so about a .25" shim was added to stiffen the spring. This allowed for 2 more pounds of sustained boost but i still have an issue. My boost spikes at 13-14psi around 1-4k rpm, then begins to rapidly fall as I increase in speed, reaching as low as 7psi. An audible whooshing sound is heard, much like the blow-off, around 7-14psi while still on the throttle. I hear stock SRT BOV's take 14-16psi, so this failure doesn't make sense to me (I replaced the BOV with a spare and no change).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Boost leak tests aren't impossible with our equipment, just a pain in the ass since the engine bay is tighter than spandex; so I'm tryna save some trouble.
It's also worth mentioning that bone stock this was an issue as well. The boost would go up to 10psi, but fall rapidly to with in 3-5 seconds of a pull.

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
93 Posts
Stock srt-4 wga starts to open at 4psi fully open by 6 psi I believe. The computer is what makes it hold on to boost as long as it can.

So do a data log with the intune and check your wg dc % if it's at 95% is doing all it's can if it's under that 95% use the intune to turn boost up in the desired range and keep a eye on afr after every adjustment. If it's at 95% the only thing left to check for is leaks with there boost leak tester. Hope this helps you.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
sounds like a boost leak at one of your couplers to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts