Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 2004 with what is listed below on mods. I am seeing boost lost about 5,500-6,000 RPM. I peak at 18psi and it drops to 14psi at that rpm range. Is this normal or do I have a vaccum leak?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Normal, but checking for boost leaks is always a good idea.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im pushing about 305hp and most of the time Im in I dont pay attention to the boost gauge but this time I did and I was just wondering.

·
Registered
636 Posts
If your wanting to hold that 18 lbs till redline, check out PTPerformance for his stronger wga spring. Just need to make sure you have enough fule to support it, wich you should. Just recieved mine today, can't wait to put this sucker on along with some other goodies I bought

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My fuel system is stock what would be the best way upgrade the fuel system so it is good to go?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Wgk79 said:
My fuel system is stock what would be the best way upgrade the fuel system so it is good to go?

You should be fine with just your stage 2 injectors at the boost you running. But if you get the itch to start turning the boost up, and you wanna make sure you don't run out of fuel, you can go again with PTPerformance with his FPR mod. A very inexpensive way to add fuel
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233686

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there any thing that I really have to worry about after adding the fpr mod?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Wgk79 said:
Is there any thing that I really have to worry about after adding the fpr mod?
Well you probably be running real rich, wich will alow room for you to up the boost. But as always, be sure you have some way to monitor you AFR's you don't wanna start leaning out. Also look into getting a map clap, their also inexpensive, and help to pull some fuel away, and helps with the timeing from being pulled. Once again, just make sure you have some way to monitor your AFR's . PTPerformance sells a great map clamp/tip clamp. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
hey man, with those mods 350 hp is not going to happen...stock turbo can not hold past 330ish and that maxing it out with everything....S2 will push u right under 300 and with the boost controller u can peak out a bit over 300 but not 350....

·
Registered
636 Posts
lilturbododge said:
hey man, with those mods 350 hp is not going to happen...stock turbo can not hold past 330ish and that maxing it out with everything....S2 will push u right under 300 and with the boost controller u can peak out a bit over 300 but not 350....
Whoa.. wait a minute, who the hell said anything about 350hp. Its not mentioned once in any of the above posts except yours. Read the entire thread before posting :hi: and I assure you if he were to add PTPerformances FRP mod, and map clamp with a proper tune he will be beyond his 305hp he sits at now.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am almost thinking that I dont want to lean it out for the sake of my motor. I dont know that the mag clamp is worth the risk and the I would have to buy another gauge too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts