Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased my srt-4 (350mi ago). When I got it, the at idle, the vac was 18. Since then I tightened the IC clamps and added a $20 CC. I noticed yesterday that at idle the gauge was at -13 (no A/C). My question is this, is this a problem that can be solved by reseting the PCM, or is the gauge starting to take a shit like others have had, or is it just the PCM adjusting? What about a difference due to the CC? I did a bit of searching, but nothing really addressed this point. It seems that there is a bit of variatio in what others gauges read at idle, so it may just be that. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Probably just a stupid gauge, my gauge is kinda sticky and as long as there are no leaks AFTER the throttle body the vacuum at idle should always been the same, think it's around 18.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good thread!

I've had my car about a month and the gauge always reads 10" vacuum at idle. I thought this was pretty low, but since it was always reading the same I thought maybe it was normal. I guess it's time to take it in to the dealer for a check-up.

I would have hoped that the factory Auto Meter gauge would be more reliable. It doesn't make me want to spend any money on their other products.

Peace,
Larry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts