Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***Disclaimer: First, I did search for boost gauge-titled posts, but did not find this topic in there. If you know of a post that answers this question, I apologize, please direct me to it. Second, I hope this is the correct section in which to post this. If not, please someone set me straight. Thanks.***

This morning my boost gauge was working fine, to the best of my knowledge. (I know it was for sure last night, but I think I remember seeing it in traffic this morning and it was reading as it always has in that situation.) Unfortunately, when I drove home this evening, I noticed that it was reading differently. To test my theory, I was rolling slowly in second gear and stepped on it (WOT). The gauge showed boost at an incredible--and incredibly unbelievable--20+ lbs. It was past the calibration marks on the gauge! When I turned the engine off, it was resting at about 6 lbs higher than it normally does. I know that this gauge is not the most accurate measuring device ever, but how common are these types of problems? Can anyone shed some light on this problem for me? Would loose IC hoses affect this at all? Should I just have my dealership look at it? What other solutions am I overlooking? (I am NOT interested in buying a new one unless that is absolutely necessary.)

Thanks for your help. Have a great day.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was afraid of that. If I do get it replaced, will it just go out again? Are these gauges THAT bad?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Take it to the dealer and have them fix the wiring or replace the gauge. You don't need to go buy a different one, chances are your new one will be fine. There have been some bad gauges but I think it's unreasonable to say all of them are shit. There will be some variation from one gauge to the next but that's to be expected. Heres a poll I made awhile back...http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32032

1 - 7 of 7 Posts