Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. i have an 04 srt 4 with tbe and agp wga.. i had the wga set to about 17psi creep hold 14-15 psi to redline..
now for some reason my boost spikes 15-15.5 and holds about 12.5-13 psi to redline!?? its the worse in 2nd gear.. i tightend all my intercooler hoses..
i also have a mopar bov plate...

what do you guys think? would my car boost different from weather even though i have the wga hooked up directly to the turbo??
i really hate this car sometimes!!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
mine also holds only about 12-13. its a boost leak.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
mine to..theres another thread talknig about this and how its NOT a boost leak. I dont know what it is though. but its annnoying

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
same here...not good....i will try once again once i get the car back and listen for every leak possible

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea its really pissing me off lol.
maybe its my mopar bov? i basically checked every freaking vacuum hose and inter coller tubes!

·
Registered
283 Posts
dont forget the infamous stock boost gauge could be wrong. does it sit at 0 when your car is off?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
i have yet to do a boost leak test and i am sure i have a leak. my boost gauge needle shakes alot while in boost. but my gauge is fine...it sits at 0 when off.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
if it shakes = turbo flutter, you have a leak ,probably a big one,... my bet is on the MOPAR bov

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold), SRT of the Month
4,402 Posts
SRTchild said:
i have yet to do a boost leak test and i am sure i have a leak. my boost gauge needle shakes alot while in boost. but my gauge is fine...it sits at 0 when off.
Just because you boost gauge sits at zero does not always mean it is working correctly.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just got back inside from a test drive. I replaced my stock boost gauge with the 30vac/30psi autometer gauge from modern performance. Well, new guage sits at 0, idle is about 20vac, spikes and holds at 15psi at WOT! Now to install my AGP WGA!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I just got back inside from a test drive. I replaced my stock boost gauge with the 30vac/30psi autometer gauge from modern performance. Well, new guage sits at 0, idle is about 20vac, spikes and holds at 15psi at WOT! Now to install my AGP WGA!
o ya?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
guage works fine.. so im leaing towards my rice plate..hmm... and another question this is my second agp wga, and this second one, i dont remember tighting it as far as i do this time.. to make boost, its about less then a half of an inch till its fully tight.. and if its a little loose, the whole diaphram wobbles lol. this is my second wga cause my first one was defective.. im hoping this one isnt.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Dude don't just hate the car for simple problem all boost guys have.

1. Boost leak? leak test it or if you can't get one I know its a bitch well not really check all vac lines, intercooler lines, for cracks, tears, anything not normal. If they arn't zip tied (all lines) than there's you first problem. This goes to everyone BUY A BOOST LEAK TESTER!!! it will solve 99% of the problems boost guys have. Trust me people wont think you're a no0b if you have one haha j/p seriously it solves many problems

2. Boost gauge if it's stock there's your 2nd problem the OEM gauge SUCKS!!! Replace it with a good one like VEI digital. Installs just like stock almost took me 20 minutes to do (taking my time)

3. Never buy used boost stuff. I have had way too many problems with crap like that and so have others you can just never know if it's really good until you have headaches all day about what is my probelm. What is worth more to you a headache or money?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
grannycar said:
ok.. i have an 04 srt 4 with tbe and agp wga.. i had the wga set to about 17psi creep hold 14-15 psi to redline..
now for some reason my boost spikes 15-15.5 and holds about 12.5-13 psi to redline!?? its the worse in 2nd gear.. i tightend all my intercooler hoses..
i also have a mopar bov plate...

what do you guys think? would my car boost different from weather even though i have the wga hooked up directly to the turbo??
i really hate this car sometimes!!
Boost creep is when you settle at a certain boost say 15 than slowly moves up to 17. Is this what you where really seeing before? Or did you just mean spike 17?

Weather affects you if it's installed like stock.

Stock surge valves have gave people problems in the past. I could see that as a potential leak as well. Sell the mopar BOV and get a SSQ bov or something of good quality. Your car will perform better as well plus you can get a BOP and not worry about leaks there any more (if installed right)

1st & 2nd gear will boost lower than the higher gears that's just life with a small turbo.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
i dont know how much it really matters though..I still ran a 13.8 when my boost droped to like 12-13 in every gear.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I had that same problem last week...I played around with my wga...I put it to min setting and then back to where it should be and now it works just as new..Think the nut might have come loose...Tighten that beotch down..and make sure that your line going from the wga to the turbo isnt bent...it might cause your turbo to sputter...The wga might be seeing vacum and boost off and on...

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold), SRT of the Month
4,402 Posts
Here is two problem's that cause low boost at red line!
Dirty ass filter, and if you have shoved the filter up to high on the cai that it has to pull air up and around the tubing to go in. This will definitly make you boost lower at red line.
Go check your filters for these two things!
Then report back.:thumbsup:

The second problem was what was wrong with mine. I pulled the filter down more and it worked for me. Now I redline @ 15 instead of 13:clap:

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Darksyde said:
Here is two problem's that cause low boost at red line!
Dirty ass filter, and if you have shoved the filter up to high on the cai that it has to pull air up and around the tubing to go in. This will definitly make you boost lower at red line.
Go check your filters for these two things!
Then report back.:thumbsup:

The second problem was what was wrong with mine. I pulled the filter down more and it worked for me. Now I redline @ 15 instead of 13:clap:
i have the stock airbox in with stock fliter.....?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts