Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have an AGP WGA (w/o BC) boosting to around 18psi and holding that to around 4k then slowly dropping to 14ish or so by redline. Now would a boost controller help me hold more @ redline WITHOUT spiking higher? I have had the WGA turned to bury the needle at one point and it held better boost at redline, but when it would spike to 20+ or so the car would sorta stutter and shake and it felt like it was pulling the same as it did at 18. I just want to be able to hold more boost @ redline without having a huge ass spike. I want to hold 16 at redline if that helps. I just want to know if it will give the results im looking for before I actually purchase one. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member, SRT of the Month
5,535 Posts
ok well first of all you need to tell us what other mods you have like stage one etc...you really need a boost controller to have full control of your boost.. i know with the stage one... you can hold 16 at redline and spike at 18 without hurting your engine due to running lean or causing detonation....

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have stage 1. I just want to know if a BC will help boost at redline without making me spike a shit load more. Im thinking it's gonna make it spike higher too but I want to hear from people that have actually have one so I can get some first hand experiece.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn i just read a post saying that when he went from just a WGA to a WGA w/bc his boost dropped off 2-3 psi @redline compared to just running the WGA by itself. Aint that a bitch. I really want to be able to hold around 16 or so without havin a huge ass spike. Bizzy to da izump

·
5,535 Posts
you will hold 16 and spike about 18 if you have your controller set right
i have a controller and this is what i am doing

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just wondering how is your WGA setup? I have mine teed into the TB line.

·
5,535 Posts
i have my number 2 solenoid capped off completely, then i run my pressure line from wastegate to the boost controller then to the turbo... i eliminated the black and green pressure lines all together

1 - 7 of 7 Posts