Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i ordered the manual in cabin boost controller off of needswings.com for my 05. all i have done to my car is mopar bov. i put in the boost controller and i threw an 1188 engine code and check engine light came on. i only turned the boost up to about 17 maybe a lil less. which i was told would be ok by needswings. also the boost controller generates a loud hissing sound when under acceleration. is this normal. the air is just coming out of the end of the controller. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
i got one of them installed today as well. it hisses because it is a bleeder valve on the other side of it. However, mine has issues too.... whenever i adjust it at all, weather its 1 millimeter open, or all the way open, the boost jumps way way way past 20.... so its pretty much all or nothing. i think i have to adjust my stage 2 wastegate along with it but im not sure.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
azzkikr... you might have installed it backwards somehow. i dont know about the incabin mbc but once i installed the turboxs hpbc backwards and it would go way past 20 ... i may be wrong but just trying to help out

·
Registered
838 Posts
Normally if they are installed backwards they will keep building boost until it bucks and shit.....it will never spike. I don't have that particular boost controller but i do have the same thing made by turbo smart and it worked great.

And yes my car has been cleaned since this pic was taken....so none of that clean your car BS lol

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
theres no way to install the ICMBC backwards. it comes with detailed pictures and there is only 1 spot to do stuff.... i know 100% i followd the instructions 100%. im gonna try to play w/ the wastegate / boost controller combo tomorrow and see how it goes.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Azzkikr764 said:
theres no way to install the ICMBC backwards. it comes with detailed pictures and there is only 1 spot to do stuff.... i know 100% i followd the instructions 100%. im gonna try to play w/ the wastegate / boost controller combo tomorrow and see how it goes.
I don't know anything about that bc i was just refering to them in general.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
hum sound's like to much ptb, it happens when you put an mbc, since you get to much pressure at low rpm or when the throthle is not fully open you en up with this code

you can do a 2 stage ptb eliminator
the tip mod

personnaly what i did was the ptb eliminator to get rid of the 1188 code
and after that i did the tip mod to get rid of 2074 overboost code
and map clamp

and for the hissing sound i think you gone be stuck with it :lol:

and yes it is kind of normal that it spike...but not that high, the ball and spring systeme tend to do that.

i dont know if the hose lenght hase some effect when you have an ICMBC, but a least check you hose are not kincked somewhere

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Lethal_Whisper said:
I don't know anything about that bc i was just refering to them in general.
ya, the in cabin manual boost controller it self has 3 parts... one nippel for the hose, the knob adjuster where you cant hook up anything, and the back bolt where it bleeds off. and the hoses that attach to the WGA are only possible to hook up one way so it couldnt be a bad install. the hose itself is 12.5 inches but i know theres no kink in it cause i ran it through very slowly.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was told by a fellow srt owner that if i get the stage one computer it will eliminate the check engine light problem but i still have to woirry about spike over 20 lbs

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
You say you have Stage II WGA right? I had that same combo. You hafta either adjust the WGA for stock boost, take it off completely. My car ran like ass with MBC and S2 WGA. put the stock WGA back on and use the MBC to dial in a nice 17/18 spike.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Rhunter said:
You say you have Stage II WGA right? I had that same combo. You hafta either adjust the WGA for stock boost, take it off completely. My car ran like ass with MBC and S2 WGA. put the stock WGA back on and use the MBC to dial in a nice 17/18 spike.
100% correct. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
SRT-Vegas765 said:
i was told by a fellow srt owner that if i get the stage one computer it will eliminate the check engine light problem but i still have to woirry about spike over 20 lbs
S1 pcm will get rid of overboost code, but you still beed to stay below 18 on stock fuel system and no way to monitor AFR. What does your boost gauge is at when the car is off? I ask because 17 should not have thrown an overboost code, unless it spiked just higher than that. I am thinking your gauge is off or it had a quick spike over 18.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Lethal_Whisper said:
Normally if they are installed backwards they will keep building boost until it bucks and shit.....it will never spike. I don't have that particular boost controller but i do have the same thing made by turbo smart and it worked great.

And yes my car has been cleaned since this pic was taken....so none of that clean your car BS lol
i have this same exact boost controller... whenever i hook it up according to the directings it just boosts and never spikes... ( thinking it was wrong)and if i try it other way i cant spike over 6psi... on stock turbo stock wga... 6 psi all the way open... in my modlist i have all those parts sitting 2 feet away and dont want to put them on if i cant get this damn boost controller to work with the stock set up first....

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
Sportingsrt4s said:
Lethal_Whisper said:

i have this same exact boost controller... whenever i hook it up according to the directings it just boosts and never spikes... ( thinking it was wrong)and if i try it other way i cant spike over 6psi... on stock turbo stock wga... 6 psi all the way open... in my modlist i have all those parts sitting 2 feet away and dont want to put them on if i cant get this damn boost controller to work with the stock set up first....
I always thought not spiking is a good thing? I thought linear boost was good? Is a spike a desired thing?

·
Registered
648 Posts
u dont get wat i mean... i mean its holding at 6psi and wont go up ... that sucks car barely pulls on 6psi...

·
Registered
8 Posts
So if I have thw agp wga should I or should I not get a mbc? This post really confused me. I've been trying to figure out a good mbc to go along with my agp wga

·
Registered
8 Posts
So if I have the agp wga should I or should I not get a mbc? I've been trying to find the right mbc to go with my agp wga got ever now and I really neddd some help

·
Registered
8 Posts
If I didnt have the option for dsp which would you prefer, a stock wga with a mbc or the agp by its self? I just currently dont have the 300 to spend on the dsp, I still have my stock wga from when I installed my agp thats why I'm asking what would be the best for now. Especially if I know I wont run dsp for some reason due to finances and the fact that I cant run a 93 tune when my stupid town doeant habe 93 gas only 91

1 - 20 of 26 Posts