Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this has prob been answered, but i cant find it. im currently running a stock WGA ,no boost controller. Ihave the spring mod and spike about 17 and hold 15 to redline. Now would a boost controller benefit me even though im already boosting at the max psi on the stock WGA? or should i just wait and get both at the same time?

·
Banned
1,782 Posts
new wga = faster spool, not necessarily mbc

the stock wga has a 4 psi spring, so it starts bleeding air at 4 psi, which slows down spool.

the billet agp wga has a 14 psi spring, so it doesnt bleed til 14 psi. Just gotta learn to drive all over again to avoid ptb.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i didnt think the stock wga could hold boost over 15....so if it can, then i could use a MBC for now and squeeze a little more out then upgrade to a aftermarket WGA later?

·
Registered
802 Posts
vaccum line from wastegate off, plug it into MBC, take an additional vac line supplied with any MBC and attach it to the MBC and finally to the to the wga. simple shouldnt take more than 15 mins.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
All i think a MBC will do for you is a really fast spike to 18-19 or whatever you set it to... then it will fall quickly to 15.... then you will have to put up with PTB ect... i would just stick with what you have and save up till you get a WGA... you dont need a MBC... just use a bleed i think it works better..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.