Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:flame: Hey everyone,i'm new to the forum and this is my first post.Seems to be in informative place.I was just curious about why my boost is changing so much.It's been hitting 15psi in 1st and 2nd everytime.I took my friend out who I had been bragging on the car to,and he was definitely not impressed with it last night and it was pretty humid and had been raining most of the day.But point being It only hit like 10psi in 1st if that and dropped to like 8or9 in second.WTF is going on?Any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks

·
Registered
897 Posts
the computer changes your boost to make the same amount of horsepower. Lets say its 0 degrees out, it would only have to have 5 lbs. of boost to make 230 H/P, but say its 100 degrees and 100% humidity, since the air is warmer it doesn't make as much H/P, so it increases the boost. You said it was raining, my guess would be that the temp sensor read cooler air from the rain on the intercooler and lowered the boost. Was the car up to operating temp? it cuts boost for that to. Check it out, run on a cold day, and then on a hot day, you will see what i mean

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:readclose hey thanks for the reply.I understand what your saying,but it just felt slower as well though.Drove it today and it's hitting right around 15.Can't you get around that with a boost controller?But let me guess that voids my warranty.This dodge warranty is dumb.I asked them about the mopar blow off valve and they said(unless we install it professionally it will void your warranty).Thanks for the help

·
Registered
154 Posts
your factory computer is saying it is this cold or warm outside, and thus your timing and fuel curves are modified.....try using a 500ohms rehostat on you postive or negative line for the IAT.....i will tell the computer that the intake temp is cold and your settings are fine.....FYI I set a one up on a friends car and I PRE set it to 3.2ohms of resistance.....beyond that we hit the check engine light................

·
Registered
897 Posts
yeah, it is pretty dumb, the mopar bov is what, 3 bolts and a wrestleing match. WOW, sure is going to take a genious mechanic to figure this one out, oh well, i put mine on myself, so bye bye warrenty. I haven't been all that impressed with my dealers mechanics anyway, so i guess it works out :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it is pretty stupid for them to tell me they have to do it.I have the ability to do it myself.I don't even think I would trust them,let alone pay them $200 or more when I can get a BOV off ebay and install it within an hour.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
i have 3" dump and my ecu did same thing drop me to about 10 psi still making same power just less psi. so today i reset ecu (by taking off battrey wire for a sec or so) now am boosting 14-15. only a matter of time till it firgues it out agian and drops me back down ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.