Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok! My car use to spike 14 psi and then hold 12psi. Today I can only hit 13 as spike and then 11psi and drop down to 9. Sunday I spike 15. I have a K&N that it. It been cold all day 20's so its not temp. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. Today it back to 14psi,so Im guessing it due to humidity in the air.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Or you can get a boost controller. :) Once you have your own boost controller on, the car no longer can control it. It is under your mercy. :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Is there a problem with the ECU "arguiing" with the aftermarket boost controller Exhaust? Or does it seem to learn the controller is there and lets it do the adjusting? When I get mine, i was thinkg the Blitz SBD-iD controller, but I don't want to get one if there are still bugs and get spikes. Just wondering how well yours is working and if you've bumped the boost up much yet? They say the stock can go 19PSI? Is that right, anyone?

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
nighcore said:
Is there a problem with the ECU "arguiing" with the aftermarket boost controller Exhaust? Or does it seem to learn the controller is there and lets it do the adjusting? When I get mine, i was thinkg the Blitz SBD-iD controller, but I don't want to get one if there are still bugs and get spikes. Just wondering how well yours is working and if you've bumped the boost up much yet? They say the stock can go 19PSI? Is that right, anyone?
What is the HP output with 19PSI vice 15PSI?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
but you will not see 19 before something breaks on stock fuel system :?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So if I put a boost controler. The car should hold what ever I set it on. Let say 15psi! Now is that 15 Psi all threw the rpm range? I would like to also know ho to go about installing a manual boost controler. Exhaust Depo I tried calling you number while I was down in Miami to see yours was hooked up+ the exhaust you made.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i wouldnt use a manual controller :?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So an electrical boost control would work better.(greedy profec) (apex)acr2nv do you still have your 2k Acr?

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
a dual solenoid setup will allow boost to come up alot sooner (less lag) than a manual one.

If I set my boost to 15psi, the car will hold it. But say in 4th gear, when I hit about 5000 rpm, the boost creaps down to about 13 when i redline.

The car will allow only 17 psi max I think beforeyou hit fuel cut and get a check engine light which will give you the overboost code.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Why pay $500+ dollars for an EBC, when I can spend $5.00 (in parts) on a MBC? Not to mention the MBC will run a constant 15psi with no fluttering and you don't have to shim the wastegate.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
aaaa say what?

well lets start with on a EBC (like the Blitz my fave) you get the SAME boost every time no matter if the weather changes or not...

MBC give you what ever boost it feels like that day...

Blitz EBC Auto boost kick back if you over boost.... How much is your motor worth to you?

MBC over boost = broken pistons

EBC can change boost from inside the car, so no need to get out of the car at a stop light, and go under the hood to crack the boost up if a Mustang pulls up next to you.

EBC has a electronic boost gauge in it, no need to buy a boost gauge

Would you like me to go on?

and fluttering and shimming the wastegates??? have you ever even used a EBC? and if so what was it a 10 yr old EVC1 or somthing? jump into the 2100 cen. man... No fluttering, or shimming needed here man...

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
FastMatt said:
aaaa say what?

well lets start with on a EBC (like the Blitz my fave) you get the SAME boost every time no matter if the weather changes or not...

MBC give you what ever boost it feels like that day...

Blitz EBC Auto boost kick back if you over boost.... How much is your motor worth to you?

MBC over boost = broken pistons

EBC can change boost from inside the car, so no need to get out of the car at a stop light, and go under the hood to crack the boost up if a Mustang pulls up next to you.

EBC has a electronic boost gauge in it, no need to buy a boost gauge

Would you like me to go on?

and fluttering and shimming the wastegates??? have you ever even used a EBC? and if so what was it a 10 yr old EVC1 or somthing? jump into the 2100 cen. man... No fluttering, or shimming needed here man...
Listen FastMatt, I know you're the Moderator, but you need to pay attentionto the issues that have come up with Exhaust Depot and his HKS EVC5 Boost controller. Is his boost constant? NO Is he shimming his wastegate?YES Is he experiencing flutter? YES

NOT ONE PERSON WHO HAS INSTALLED AN EBC ON THIS CAR HAS HAD PERFECT SUCCESS WITH IT. I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT ANYONE SAYS, BUT THE ECU IS MESSING WITH THE EBC!!

Don't be-little me until you get all you're facts straight.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
#1 If you remove the stock boost control solenoid, there is no way that the ECU can do anything to boost, it will be 100% out of the ECU's hands... When installing a EBC you MUST always remove the stock boost solenoid, this is on ANY car, or thy WILL fight ec other.

#2 the HKS EVC's stepper motor has that problem on allot of cars, try getting a Blitz

#3 A solenoid type boost controller can block 0%-100% of boost away from the WG actuator so why on earth would you need to shim the WG's?

I'm not be-littling you, your the 1 yelling...

Why do you need to get all offensive when somebody disagrees with you?

PS It does not matter if I am a moderator or not, feel free to disagree with me:) That’s what makes these boards fun. Just forget that I am a moderator ok

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
20 Participants
NeonWaSp
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing