Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Boomba Racing is proud to present our brand new 70MM SRT-4 Throttle Body. Our throttle body comes as a kit including adaptor plate, 55 MM hose adaptor (for those that want to use it immediately with stock intake pipes), 70 MM hose adaptor and all mounting hardware. Throttle bodies are CNC machined of billet aluminum. Parts are available in natural aluminum, red, blue and black anodized finishes. Increasing diameter to 70 MM gives almost 65% increase in throttle cross section area. Replacing stock throttle body with our new 70 MM (even with stock pipes and turbo) will give you a few additional HPs and greatly improve engine response. Replacing stock throttle body with our 70 MM throttle body and replacing intake piping with larger diameter (70 MM) gives limitless possibilities of increasing engine power. All parts are manufactured to our legendary high quality standards and backed up by our warranty. As additional service we offer modifying Intake manifolds to allow better air flow with our large diameter throttle body. Throttle bodies are available in stock for immediate delivery.

Whole kit is priced at $345 + S&H.
Price for manifold modification is $80 + S&H with 2 work days lead time.

For more details visit our site www.boombaracing.com or send e-mail to [email protected]

Modified Intake Manifold

·
Banned
800 Posts
I had problems with my 60mm TB bacause that PTB was horrible, is this 70 mm going to make the problem less noticble? or will it make it worse ?

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Stage-1-SRT-4 said:
I had problems with my 60mm TB bacause that PTB was horrible, is this 70 mm going to make the problem less noticble? or will it make it worse ?

When you had your 60 what was happening was it takes less throttle movment to equel the amount you were opening it before on the stock TB. You see the 60mm TB is arounf 26% bigger so for instance if your at 20% throttle for a stock TB you would only need to be at 15% open for the 60mm TB. So basicly it "felt" easier to PTB with the 60 but in reality it was the same. SO basicly the PTB will be more magnified. Your not going to see the crazy gain a big turbo would see with this TB.

·
Registered
376 Posts
i'll be picking one up next week....boomba has great products...i have the boomba mounts and they are lovely.

im just curious how many do u guys have in stock?...i wont be able to pick one up til next week sometime.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Is the plate 70mm as well? Looks like a very nice piece guys!

How does it bolt up to the intake, I though you could only open the manifold up to just over 60mm?

Mike

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I have been hearing rumors from a friend doing a custom build about one coming out, not sure if this is the one or not, but either way very nice option for us guys with a bigger turbo! Those units look real nice, way to go!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Boomba makes great products. Looks like another quality piece.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
MikeCandler said:
Is the plate 70mm as well? Looks like a very nice piece guys!

How does it bolt up to the intake, I though you could only open the manifold up to just over 60mm?

Mike

:imwithstu:

I didn't think 70mm was possible without modification. Hrm.

·
Registered
742 Posts
has i said in the other thread WE NEED A INTAKE MANIFOLD!!!! PLZ

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
EDISKRAD EHT said:
Is modification of the intake manifold necessary to put it in, or does an adapter plate for that come with it as well?
Or how about those of us that have a bored intake manifold, is that good enough? Should be colorful with the few different places working on a new intake for us, now they have something else to consider in their sizing.....

Really interested in this TB, I have the fuel rail, motor and tranny mounts and I have nothing but good comments on all so far. But has any dyno results been done yet for testing? I ma sure nothing but positive results can come frome this, seeing that smaller engines have up to 80MM units to choose from, just wondering how much difference this will give over a 60mm unit.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
well stock intake mani "feels" like its around 59 because when i put my 60mm spacer in it felt like there was a SLIGHT lip. He mentioned he would have the mani mod for like 1xx.00 earlier i thought

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
EDISKRAD EHT said:
Is modification of the intake manifold necessary to put it in, or does an adapter plate for that come with it as well?
Adaptor plate is part of the kit. Check the picture.

·
Registered
20,953 Posts
I have a modified stock T/B adapter that is 72mm I/D can I use that instead? What would the price difference be?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts