Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I finally got the video together....even with some running of errands....
Anyway, here it is....just hit he link then click the speedworld6-13 link....

http://web.mac.com/pmacaz1/iWeb/pmac-az/Welcome.html

It was 91 degrees..so I'm assuming it was hotter on the track.....

My best run was 15.417 @ 92.6mph.....

I was starting to get the hang of the taking off, which was my biggest problem...I was spinning the wheels....then I would get going shift to second and for some reason forget to shift until override would knock the engine.....then I would shift and go.....But alas, we ran out of time..they closed the track right at 11:00....I mean we're driving out right at 11 and they shut all the lights down and everything....and let me tell you, it's dark out there in the middle of the desert!!

While I know I was running for times, I did beat every one I ran against except the GTO...I think he had a bit more than stock..but I ran against a Duster, a couple of hondas...and my friend's mini......

It was fun!!! hope you enjoy the Video! Be kind, my wife did most of the taping...she's kind of new (the fact that she went blew me away..and she even road with me on one run..)....enjoy!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,939 Posts
When I had 228whp and 293ft.lbs torque pretty much just like you have I was running 14.4-14.6 all day long so there's plenty left in your car. How did your 60s look?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turbocruiser13 said:
When I had 228whp and 293ft.lbs torque pretty much just like you have I was running 14.4-14.6 all day long so there's plenty left in your car. How did your 60s look?
Cool...I think that was the big trouble....I keep spinning at the take off....so I didn't do well...60' was 2.5 ish most of the time...I would make a lot of distance afterward...so I need practice taking off....but as some would say, I'm sure the tires and wheels make a difference...I'm running 18" wheels...

but then again it was hot out there....and if we go again in July, it will probably be hot and a bit more humid...oh well...I'm just having fun!!...:hi: :hi:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
pmacaz said:
Turbocruiser13 said:
When I had 228whp and 293ft.lbs torque pretty much just like you have I was running 14.4-14.6 all day long so there's plenty left in your car. How did your 60s look?
Cool...I think that was the big trouble....I keep spinning at the take off....so I didn't do well...60' was 2.5 ish most of the time...I would make a lot of distance afterward...so I need practice taking off....but as some would say, I'm sure the tires and wheels make a difference...I'm running 18" wheels...

but then again it was hot out there....and if we go again in July, it will probably be hot and a bit more humid...oh well...I'm just having fun!!...:hi: :hi:
i ran my fastest 2 times on my 18" chromies. 14.43 & 14.53 with a 2.3? & 2.17 60ft. Try easing into the throttle at take off. I'm still learning to launch myself :stab:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
Can you guys give me your 1/8th (half track) times to compare my wifes 06 gt auto. Its bone stock includeind the air filter, it runs around 9.5 consestantly best of [email protected] Im trying to figure the 1/4mile time the calc says 14.5 but dont think its right Ive heard the pts kinda lay down after the 1/8? Just trin to figure out how much? Oh the 60ft on the 9.38 run was 2.15 stock RSAs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,939 Posts
KBzPTGT said:
i ran my fastest 2 times on my 18" chromies. 14.43 & 14.53 with a 2.3? & 2.17 60ft. Try easing into the throttle at take off. I'm still learning to launch myself :stab:
I'm hoping that wasn't on your E1 turbo in your sig...was it? Figured with an E1 and supporting mods you could very easily break into the 13s

BTW I don't have my slips infront of me but I know I'm in the 9.1-9.2 range at 1/8th
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dragvan said:
Can you guys give me your 1/8th (half track) times to compare my wifes 06 gt auto. Its bone stock includeind the air filter, it runs around 9.5 consestantly best of [email protected] Im trying to figure the 1/4mile time the calc says 14.5 but dont think its right Ive heard the pts kinda lay down after the 1/8? Just trin to figure out how much? Oh the 60ft on the 9.38 run was 2.15 stock RSAs.
my fastest was about 10.0.. that's if I'm reading it right....:domo:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
pmacaz said:
Dragvan said:
Can you guys give me your 1/8th (half track) times to compare my wifes 06 gt auto. Its bone stock includeind the air filter, it runs around 9.5 consestantly best of [email protected] Im trying to figure the 1/4mile time the calc says 14.5 but dont think its right Ive heard the pts kinda lay down after the 1/8? Just trin to figure out how much? Oh the 60ft on the 9.38 run was 2.15 stock RSAs.
my fastest was about 10.0.. that's if I'm reading it right....:domo:
Well the calc on 10.0to 1/4 is around 15.4-15.5 so maybe hers will run 14.6 or so in the 1/4? Im almost scared to mod this thing dont want it to lose power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dragvan said:
pmacaz said:
Dragvan said:
Can you guys give me your 1/8th (half track) times to compare my wifes 06 gt auto. Its bone stock includeind the air filter, it runs around 9.5 consestantly best of [email protected] Im trying to figure the 1/4mile time the calc says 14.5 but dont think its right Ive heard the pts kinda lay down after the 1/8? Just trin to figure out how much? Oh the 60ft on the 9.38 run was 2.15 stock RSAs.
my fastest was about 10.0.. that's if I'm reading it right....:domo:
Well the calc on 10.0to 1/4 is around 15.4-15.5 so maybe hers will run 14.6 or so in the 1/4? Im almost scared to mod this thing dont want it to lose power.
Well my problem is grip...I sat and spun in first...then it getting used to the shifting...I forget to shift and the inhibitter kicks in when the rpm's get too high..probably a good thing for that night!!!..ahahah....we'll keep practicing..and I want to get some drag radials and see if there is improvment there....:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
pmacaz said:
Dragvan said:
pmacaz said:
Dragvan said:
Can you guys give me your 1/8th (half track) times to compare my wifes 06 gt auto. Its bone stock includeind the air filter, it runs around 9.5 consestantly best of [email protected] Im trying to figure the 1/4mile time the calc says 14.5 but dont think its right Ive heard the pts kinda lay down after the 1/8? Just trin to figure out how much? Oh the 60ft on the 9.38 run was 2.15 stock RSAs.
my fastest was about 10.0.. that's if I'm reading it right....:domo:
Well the calc on 10.0to 1/4 is around 15.4-15.5 so maybe hers will run 14.6 or so in the 1/4? Im almost scared to mod this thing dont want it to lose power.
Well my problem is grip...I sat and spun in first...then it getting used to the shifting...I forget to shift and the inhibitter kicks in when the rpm's get too high..probably a good thing for that night!!!..ahahah....we'll keep practicing..and I want to get some drag radials and see if there is improvment there....:thumbsup:
On my srt-4 on street tires you almost have to live off idle and roll the gas and slip the clutch to get decent 60fts. I hold about 2000rpm at the line then when the light drops slip the clucth and try to keep the rpm arond 2000 2500 then when the clucth is out roll to full bang sec ,2.09 is my best with this tech. Then I got drag radials and hold 3500 4000 slip the clutch a little then dump it and roll the gas to the floor fast best of 2.03. The big differance in the drag radials and street tires ,is consestensy. Last night I made 8 runs at the 1/8th and every 60ft was around 2.05, on street tires shit 2.09 if just right to 2.40s. Point is you can spend alot of time practicing the clutch(burning it up) or buy some DRs and have some fun. Or get slicks and get your 60fts in the 1.8/1.9 range,wish I went that way but I like to drive to the track and drive home so went with DRs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, that's what I'm looking at doing....Looking at the Hoosiers....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,939 Posts
If you're lookin for radials for the track I'd say look at the bfg drag radials. If you're lookin for slicks I'd recommend talkin to M&H tires on here...they'll hook you up...literally :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Turbocruiser13 said:
If you're lookin for radials for the track I'd say look at the bfg drag radials. If you're lookin for slicks I'd recommend talkin to M&H tires on here...they'll hook you up...literally :)
anything on the Hosier tires? They make a drag radial that will fit the extra rim I have.... most of the drag radials go for 15".. the 16 get too wide....

I'm trying to get a 225/50/16... it's 7" wide...

it's the stock wheel on an 05 PT Limited edition....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,939 Posts
nitto NT drags should come in that size I believe. Do you have a link for the hoosier drags in the 16"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top