·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
3,015 Posts
My opinion

In my opinion, NO. If they were $5-$10 bucks they would be worth it. It stiffens it up a little more, but I also missed more shifts with them in, so I took them out and haven't a single missed shift,............yet!

·
Registered
956 Posts
A whole-hearted, resounding YES from me. Booger bushings are the way to go!

·
Registered
153 Posts
$5-$10? How much cheaper can one of the cheapest "mods" be?

Seriously though.... they were never intended to be a "mod". They were originally intended to be an alternative to buying new cable assemblies for well over $100. 5 years from now you'll see SRT-4s in the same boat as existing Neons, Shadows, etc that have no tranny bushings since the stock ones fall apart. Given the choice do you then pay ~$20 or ~$125? Cable shifters are sloppy with soft "ends". Stiffen them up, relearn how to shift and forget about it. Every day I WOT 1-2 and 2-3 at 8600, I never miss a gear and that is NOT with stock bushings.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
i vote "yay" :frogtongu

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
BluFlame said:
In my opinion, NO. If they were $5-$10 bucks they would be worth it. It stiffens it up a little more, but I also missed more shifts with them in, so I took them out and haven't a single missed shift,............yet!
That really makes no sense whatsoever. The bushings actually stiffen it up when you go into a gear. It doesn't change the throw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts