Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Mopar STS for over a year now and it has convicned that this is the worst shifting car I have owned or driven. I know the trans is beefy and it has a cable shifter but it still sucks. :lol: When I was ordering the STS I noticed that they offered bushings for alittle extra, I think I actually said out loud to myself, "Those can't possibly do anything." And I "saved" $15-20. Just the other week I was working on a friends Neon and sat in the car to start it up and I did a couple quick shifts. I immediatley asked what STS he had because it felt awesome. He had a Mopar with the full Boogers installed, I then took it for a drive around the block and was sold.

For $30 I drastically changed the feel of the shifter, the car is so much more fun and relaxing to drive. I'm still in shock and I've been driving with them installed for about 2 weeks. They were a breeze to install, even the tranny linkage ones were easy. Total install time was approx. 40mins.

What's the best first mod? WGA, BC, Exhaust?
None of the above, Booger Bushings.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I somewhat disagree. I had booger bushings in for a long time. It made shifting much more crisp but it made downshifting and slow rolling shifting much more difficult. It finally wore on me. So now I have booger bushings on the tranny side and stock bushings on the shifter linkage and it is much smoother now.
My biased opinion...

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Wow i did the same thing you did but never bought new ones. Yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts