Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does anyone know of places thats going to make kits for the srt4? Will i found one company that is going to. Kaminari :shock:
I emailed them yesterday and they are making one!! :D if u dont know buy now i believe kaminari has the tightest kits for Neon's have u seen 2000 thousand and up body kit? that kit is sick! WWW.KAMINARI.COM

Do u have any plans on possibly making a kit for the Dodge SRT 4?
>
>
>
> danny
Yes, we do have plans on producing a kit for this vehicle, check back on
our site for any updates.
We are working on it. Should have a release by the time the vehicle is out there on the streets.[/url]

·
Registered
726 Posts
xither0ckxi said:
So does anyone know of places thats going to make kits for the srt4? Will i found one company that is going to. Kaminari :shock:
I emailed them yesterday and they are making one!!
Sorry...maybe it's my age or something...but the thought of ricing up the SRT-4 kinda rubs me the wrong way. I think the car is beautiful just the way it is...well, maybe a smaller wing would be cool ;-) Just my .02

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
ohyeahwright said:
Sorry...maybe it's my age or something...but the thought of ricing up the SRT-4 kinda rubs me the wrong way. I think the car is beautiful just the way it is...well, maybe a smaller wing would be cool ;-) Just my .02
Agreed! Why add weight and cost to a vehicle when it will do nothing for the car. I know you want to be different, just like everybody else, but is it really worth a few thousand dollars in parts, labor and paint?

·
Registered
864 Posts
ebbtide said:
Agreed! Why add weight and cost to a vehicle when it will do nothing for the car. I know you want to be different, just like everybody else, but is it really worth a few thousand dollars in parts, labor and paint?
Body kits usually weigh less than factory.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i like the rear bumper with the carbon fiber accents, and the wing.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Body Kits and stickers dont make your car faster......
Plus playing over 1000 for cheap fiber glass..... :roll: no way.
All im doing to my SRT is lowering. :p

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
AWD OWNZ U said:
Body kits usually weigh less than factory.
Body kits *can* weigh less than factory, but I don't know that I would say usually. Most add a lot of bulk, and unless they're made of a lighter material (ie carbon fiber) they're not going to save any significant amount of weight. Most are made of a material similar to what the factory uses. Either way, most are not wind tested or tested to make sure they provide sufficent cooling, and I doubt any company does extensive crash testing.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Croation said:
im not adding a body kit to make it faster, i am getting one to make it look better. and i suspect thats why you are getting yours lowered? you know, lowering the car doesnt make it faster, and depending on the kit you might need a camber adjuster too.

by the way, kaminari is far from cheap fiberglass.

p.s. stickers have been proven to make the car faster, just go to www.clubsi.com and ask. :p

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
Croation said:
im not adding a body kit to make it faster, i am getting one to make it look better. and i suspect thats why you are getting yours lowered? you know, lowering the car doesnt make it faster, and depending on the kit you might need a camber adjuster too.

by the way, kaminari is far from cheap fiberglass.

p.s. stickers have been proven to make the car faster, just go to www.clubsi.com and ask. :p

Lowering can make it handle better in some circumstances. Somehow I doubt you are going to see a significant weight savings, if you see one at all. In some instances they add weight when all they are is a fibreglass molding that fits on the exterior of the preexisting bumber/rocker panel. I'd wait a bit on the body-kit, something better might come along as I suspect this won't be the only game in town.

-Faast

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
body kit

i dont really think the body kit that kaminari did for the srt4 was rice burnerish except for the wing. believe me im so anti rice burner, if it even looks to rice burner i wont get it, and stickers uhh i dont do that nonsense. though i have a dodge sticker on my 69 dodge charger :twisted:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Re: body kit

xither0ckxi said:
i dont really think the body kit that kaminari did for the srt4 was rice burnerish except for the wing. believe me im so anti rice burner, if it even looks to rice burner i wont get it, and stickers uhh i dont do that nonsense. though i have a dodge sticker on my 69 dodge charger :twisted:

Ehh I think the rear bumper cover looked kind of dumb, but it's all personal preference.

-Faast

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes the bumper

actually your right if i was to get that kit i would leave the bumper cause thats the only part that looks to rice burnerish.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Lowering can make it handle better in some circumstances.
exactly my reasoning, but i wouldnt get it until i hear a pro's idea on it.
But me, i look past body kits. Just me, you is you :D [/quote]

·
Registered
726 Posts
Everyone has their own personal style and taste, so there is no wrong way to treat your SRT-4. Personally, I could care less about the exterior when it comes to dumping extra money into this car. I'd much rather spend the dough on "go"...not "show"...but that's just me.

·
Registered
864 Posts
ebbtide said:
Body kits *can* weigh less than factory, but I don't know that I would say usually. Most add a lot of bulk, and unless they're made of a lighter material (ie carbon fiber) they're not going to save any significant amount of weight. Most are made of a material similar to what the factory uses. Either way, most are not wind tested or tested to make sure they provide sufficent cooling, and I doubt any company does extensive crash testing.
I don't think it's going out on a limb to say most kits are made out of fiberglas, which is ligther than the factory plastics. I didn't say it would be a signifcant amount of weight, just that it wouldn't add weight.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
AWD OWNZ U said:
ebbtide said:
I don't think it's going out on a limb to say most kits are made out of fiberglas, which is ligther than the factory plastics. I didn't say it would be a signifcant amount of weight, just that it wouldn't add weight.
Right, the fiberglass one's shouldn't be heavier, but i've seen a lot lately made of urethane, which definately won't save any weight.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Damn Im going to have some fun with this car when I graduate and have money to spend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i think a wide body kit, with fenders, front, back, and sides would be sweet... especially if it was made with carbon fiber, then not only would it look cool, but u'd be shavin of some weight too... now if the front were angled down a bit, wouldn't that catch the air flow and pull the front down a bit therefore giving the car a little better traction?? then with the wide body, you can put wider tires and it would look good and have better traction aswell

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
21 Participants
SporkLover
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing