Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to meet a bunch of people from the various local forums; Tampa Racing, Need2speed, and others. Riven, blckdoutRT and myself made it down to Bradenton at about the same time, it was a sight to see soo many Mustangs, F bodies and alot of intersting rides that werent your average run of the mill daily drivers. The gentleman with the Z06 from the previous trip to BMP was out aswell running about the same as before...low to mid 12s.

While Riven stepped over to the office for tec in i installed the 6x26x15 MH's we have run successfully for the better part of year and set them to about 17psi to make a test run to check track prep, running conditions and what we needed to do to make the most of the 95+ degree heat and humidity. Tossed in a lil race gas to help fight detonation, not enough to make a huge difference just to give us a cushion. Boost was turned up a notch to 24psi, tires again were set to 17 to be safe and the new clutch was ready for some serious usage.

I will have to say that although i was not too keene on hard launching the stock axles Riven still managed to pull 1.8-2.0 60s but the launch tecniques of the past had to be adjusted given the added grab of the new clutch. With 4000rpm launches yielding 2.0 60s, 4500rpm yielding 1.9s and 5000-5500 yielding 1.8s we determined to stick with 5000-5500. A few simple burn outs and a drop in pressure from time to time yielded several 12.2-12.4 at 112-115mph...in the heat!

When we were done testing/tuning for the track conditions we were ready to rock and roll:

slicks at 12psi

was posted yielding the fastest FWD time of the day for Riven.
It was all going good and decided to make the last pass only to bogg the launch and have the car totally shut down on me mid track. I managed to het to 8th mile at 94mph but once i tripped the 1/8 mile equipment i had to shut her down. When i pulled off return road we noticed the dumptube had lost a bolt and was barely on while i also realized a serious boost leak brought my powerband down to a 4800rpm spool up. This lil bit of time still allowed me to post a decent 8th but come tomorrow or tuesday we are gonna put her on the lift and get the lil kinks worked out.

Not trying to make excuses but for what we had to work with i have to give Riven props for the outstanding runs. Need2speed had a strong showing but not enough to win the best represented nonethe less they had the faster cars of the day Riven's included to which they were very appreciative. As far as SRT4s;Riven, BlckdoutRT and another were the only present with the latter two running low 14s and high 14s respectively....i stopped by the other car...smelled a lil too much fryin going on in the tranny if ya know what i mean. Didnt get meet him cause i was too busy filming and staging the car simultaniously. Congrats Riven and you'll get there bud :)

Dan

·
Banned
3,210 Posts
I'll feel better with a 5th wheel stud ;)

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yeah :rofl: cross threading owned!....

-BMR (sp.?) was out with their Homosassa FL modded/tuned new GTO running solid 9s << typo meant 10s :)

- there was a late 80s BMW 3 series coupe with a blown small block running consistant 8s

- there was a jet drag PT cruiser running 5-6s shutting down after 4 sec 8th mile with 190+mph traps in the 8th

- a Miata running mid 11s....

- Several late 80s 911 turbos running consistand solid 9s and 10s.....man what a sight

otherwise there was the usual show cars and what now :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
crazy wish I could have made it.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
was expecting you Englaived but i guess partying late and waking up early dont fly by you :rofl:

Ended up running into your buddy Skittle last night out at Sonics on Hillsborough...was too busy with friends and no interest in talkin to him. On that note everyone who saw me today was like..."hey......you arent skittle by any chance are you?" :rofl:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
grats riven !!!!!!!! :thumbsup: awesome times in the HEAT !!!!!! peps i saw in the lanes were talking about the yellow skittle !!!! :frogtongu and dan, i thought they said the beemer (girl driving) was a big block!!!! blown with 3 carbs !!!!! :wah?!:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn...i musta not been lookin right cause it drove past me (the bimmer on crack) when i was walking back from starting line

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
that was a beemer on crack and heroin !!!!!!!!! :wah?!:
they said 500 + cubic inches !!!!!!!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was quite amuzed by the 11 sec Miata....oh and the jet car....i have lots of footage on tape i gotta edit. Btw i ran into a guy from Miami who was up with his dad, they have a sick ass full interior impala SS. While chatting to him he had lots of respect for the SRT4 and while talking about mentioned he knows Pablo from Lujan Motorsports. This guy has a 20v 1.8t VW with alot of work and was very aware of the competition :)

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
NeonDan said:
This guy has a 20v 1.8t VW with alot of work and was very aware of the competition :)
riven ??????? the 4 stud wonder. :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah yeah :rofl:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I was in bed by midnight, just alot of hassle and crap with the women and friends.

Riven, by any chance did you run into a GST last night? I was at Sonics on Gandy talkin to some guy in a silver srt-4 with stock wheels painted gunmetal and his friends came up saying how they saw a yellow srt-4 with a guy in a green shirt driving it shooting flames out the back.

You were going to speed limit tho right? =P

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Riven wasnt in town last night ;)

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NIVO88T said:
good runs...95ºF temps ownez Jo0!
ya aint kiddin!:readclose

Nivo/Jean..call me if you guys get some free time to chat

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.