Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Weirdest thing happened today. I was driving the car to a friends house at about 1:30 today. I was in 4th gear, at about 50 mph, and I wasn't even driving the car hard. In fact I was taking it easy. Anyways, the car just suddenly conks out. Like it stalled out or something. I try to restart the car while I'm still moving but nothing happens. So I pull over to the side of the road, and try again. Nothing. Starter won't even click. Radio, windows, and lights all still work though. So I fiddle around with the car for about 15 minutes, and I can't figure out what the hell is going on. I finally just call a tow truck and get them to tow it over to the Crysler/Dodge dealer. Boom, 55 bucks right there.

When I first got to the dealer, they treated me nice. They said they were certain it was something simple, and that they'd have it fixed in a couple hours and they'd call me when its done. I asked them if it would be covered under warrenty and they said "Of course, it's a brand new car." I'm thinking ok, whatever, at least it shouldn't be in here for a week. So my friend comes by the dealer and picks me up, and we go screw around for a couple hours while we wait for the car to get done.

The dealer calls us up, and we head over there. When we get there, the guy tells us a fuse blew out, so they just had to put a new one in. Then he tells us, "The mechanic tells us the shifter has been modified, so we can't cover it under warrenty." I'm thinking WTF. I put a Hurst shift knob on the car because the stock one kept flying off. They wanted to charge me $48 for the fix. That got me really pissed. What the hell does the shift knob have to do with the fuse?! After I told the guy the car was totally stock and had never been touched, he tells me "Are you sure, you haven't installed any stereo equipment on this thing have you? That could have also caused this." I said no, I haven't turned a screw on this car! (well I actually installed the mopar BOV, but I didn't tell them that)

He let the manager come talk to me. I told the manager to feel the shifter, and look at it. After he examined it he said "Well, I'll let this one go. But if I see you guys have modified this car in any way with stereo equipment or aftermarket engine parts, we're not going to fix it." I appreciated the fact that they would actually fix it like they should, and I shook the managers hand and thanked him, just so there wouldn't be any hard feelings. I was still pissed off about it though, and they'll never see me in their doors again.

I mean a SHIFT KNOB. My God the dealers will get you for anything. I mean, I had a long ass day. My brand new car with 6,100 mile breaks down in the middle of the day, and the dealer tries to tell me they won't fix it because I have an aftermarket shift knob? I mean, what would you expect a customer to say?

·
Registered
200 Posts
There has to have been an APB allert issued bye dodge early on in the srt-4 campaign,anal dealers are surfing the wave

·
Registered
163 Posts
Glad my dealership isn't a bunch of tards...

·
Registered
44 Posts
well that would have been against the law. i think they would have had alot of trouble proving that the shift knob caused an electrical problem

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
iceberg3699 said:
well that would have been against the law. i think they would have had alot of trouble proving that the shift knob caused an electrical problem
Some dealerships would just shrug their shoulders and tell you "too bad" if you told them that.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Slaytanic said:
Some dealerships would just shrug their shoulders and tell you "too bad" if you told them that.

If they wanted to be petty like that I would take them to small claims over 48 bucks. And I would win!! And they would feel stupid!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts