·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
didnt you ask this 38 minutes ago?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeh my browser is messing up so it didnt look like it went thru so i hit submit again

hector, u are the man as we all know, the iD unit vs the profec B??

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
profect B is a budget unit. It does not have all the bell and whistles as the more expensive units have; But dont let the low price fool ya. Its a great unit and very popular among the supra guys. At only $365, you cant go wrong with it.

It has two settings and it also has a scramble boost feature that you can set with the wireless switch (additional unit).

www.greddy.com

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
if your goimg profec just get the e01. dont skimp. your car will thank you for it.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Steve,

Dan time :roll: :lol: well i just got done co-installing a Blitz Power Meter in an SRT4 if you were to get the SBC ID it could read the speed from the Power Meter and you can then use the Power Map feature. What the Power map feature allows you to do is set boost by speed, example say you wanna roll out to 9psi till 30mph and then full boost from then on you can do that. The SBC ID and Power Meter are very awesome units Steve but hell i could have a Magnum from Jason for as much as they cost :shock: $700-800 :shock: :evil:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
thanks ED (or/wt) + needle = good :wink:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Roach said:
I def want that scramble boost thing. Any have it built in or all need optional harnesses?
On the Blitz units, They both have scramble boost but on the DC unit, you can contol it with a trigger switch (hard wired or remotely). On the i-D unit, you activate it from the unit itself.

On the GReddy units (Profec A/B) you can control it from the unit or buy a remote switch for it.

For activating the boost remotely, the GReddy remote costs about $115.00
For the Blitz unit (DC only) the harness is about 40.00 and the remote switch is going to be less that 50.00 probably. The switch is being developed by a forum member (Jeremy Smolik) and I am the lucky one to put the prototype into action!!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so if i got profec b, i dont need anything else and can set via speed? so like 10psi till 30mph then 15psi or whatever i want?

profec b seems to offer all i need but none of the flashiness, just want to b sure before i invest, thx

if i need something else please let m eknow now (not the remote thing) thx

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Roach said:
so if i got profec b, i dont need anything else and can set via speed? so like 10psi till 30mph then 15psi or whatever i want?

profec b seems to offer all i need but none of the flashiness, just want to b sure before i invest, thx

if i need something else please let m eknow now (not the remote thing) thx
NO. The PRofec-e01 does that, not the PRofec B.

From GReddy site:

PRofec B-spec (boost controller) The GReddy PRofec B-spec. is one of the simplest, easy to use electronic boost controllers on the market today. Available in either Black or Clear Blue cases, the B-spec uses a reliable twin-solenoid valve control motor. There are two presets labeled Lo. and Hi., as well as a Balance knob to alter the wastegate boost response. This unit also can be used with both integral/actuator or external/poppet style wastegates Good for twin and sequential turbo setups. Compatible with our Remote Switching System.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I get it, so with the remote, Id have to hit the button say once I hit 2ndgear to change to hi boost. Which units offer this automatically? Like tell it in 1st to stay at lo boost and switch to hi in 2nd? or via speed? thx

please let me know asap

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Roach said:
I think I get it, so with the remote, Id have to hit the button say once I hit 2ndgear to change to hi boost. Which units offer this automatically? Like tell it in 1st to stay at lo boost and switch to hi in 2nd? or via speed? thx

please let me know asap
Yes!!

The PRofec-e01 and Blitz SDC-iD with PowerMeter-iD

1 - 20 of 20 Posts