Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this topic has already been beat to death already...

But is it just coincidence or are all the SRT-4 owners with a Blitz EBC creating so much more power than everyone else with a BC? I was looking at the Greddy Profec E-01 and I like it alot and it seems to come with the most features, but if you people are getting so much more power, response, and reliability out of a Blitz I might have to change my mind.

Anybody here have the Greddy Profec E-01 on the SRT-4 with some comments about it? Or anyone used it on previous cars? These both seem to be at the top of my list, because I heard the AVC-R from A'PEXi is way too complicated, I dunno'. Seems to have alot of good functions, how much I'd use -- no idea. Exhaust Depot is selling them both for awesome prices as well so it's good to know.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Khryz,

If you plan on installing a piggy back computer on your car to controll the fuel and ignition, then I would suggest you get the GReddy-e01. In my opinion, its by far teh best boost controller out and it has tons of features on it.

If the price is a little steep for you then I would go with the blitz unit. It's also a great unit. If your on a budget and want a good EBC, then go with the GReddy profect-B(dont confuse with the e01).

The apexi is hard to tune. Its over engineered.

I put up a nice post about the e01. Do a search.

Hector

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
The Blitz solenoid is huge... I dig the small size of the HKS, now if I can get me some hose that fits, I'll be boosting it hehe.

Edit*

Almost forgot, everyone I know now is recommending the new Greddy and HKS units, mainly the Greddy.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if the Profec-E01 is essentially a piggy-back fuel computer & a high-tech boost controller in one for like $560 sold at Exhaust Depot, how come the Blitz SBC is $512? I know the SBC has more boost functions but how many do you actually need/use? And what are the major differences from the SBC-iD compared to the SBC-DC for an extra 70 bucks [Dynamic Racing]? Is the installation/tuning that much easier on the Blitz than the Profec?

You people know more about these than I do. I just judge which looks the coolest. Lol.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I have the Blitz SBC-DC. The differences between this one and the SBC-iD are on Blitz's website: www.blitz-na.com . Blitz is known to have the best solenoid in the business, that's why it is pricey. Yes, it (solenoid) is big, but Second Chance found a GREAT mounting place for it!! I have had zero problems with it and only got a CEL once and it was totally my fault. I would reccomend this unit to anyone. Jeremy Smolik is working on a remote trigger switch that can be mounted on the steering wheel to activate scramble boost. Once I have that, I can launch at 8-9psi, activate scramble boost when I'm in second and bump it up to 16psi. I'm the lucking one to get the first prototype!!

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a way to just do that automatically? I know that the SBC-DC is an awesome unit, but just the way the Profec can eliminate fuel cut [legitimate?], and control ignition and fuel timing is basically a 2-for-1 deal that seems too good. But I don't want to get a half-ass boost controller and a half-ass fuel computer squished into one. Is that the case?

And what about installation/tuning?

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
The profect will eliminate fuel cut etc, IF you get the piggy back computer with it. Its about 370 or somethin glike that. dont recall.

But if you dont plan on getting that, then get the blitz.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts