Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this topic has already been beat to death already...

But is it just coincidence or are all the SRT-4 owners with a Blitz EBC creating so much more power than everyone else with a BC? I was looking at the Greddy Profec E-01 and I like it alot and it seems to come with the most features, but if you people are getting so much more power, response, and reliability out of a Blitz I might have to change my mind.

Anybody here have the Greddy Profec E-01 on the SRT-4 with some comments about it? Or anyone used it on previous cars? These both seem to be at the top of my list, because I heard the AVC-R from A'PEXi is way too complicated, I dunno'. Seems to have alot of good functions, how much I'd use -- no idea. Exhaust Depot is selling them both for awesome prices as well so it's good to know.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Khryz,

If you plan on installing a piggy back computer on your car to controll the fuel and ignition, then I would suggest you get the GReddy-e01. In my opinion, its by far teh best boost controller out and it has tons of features on it.

If the price is a little steep for you then I would go with the blitz unit. It's also a great unit. If your on a budget and want a good EBC, then go with the GReddy profect-B(dont confuse with the e01).

The apexi is hard to tune. Its over engineered.

I put up a nice post about the e01. Do a search.

Hector

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
The Blitz solenoid is huge... I dig the small size of the HKS, now if I can get me some hose that fits, I'll be boosting it hehe.

Edit*

Almost forgot, everyone I know now is recommending the new Greddy and HKS units, mainly the Greddy.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if the Profec-E01 is essentially a piggy-back fuel computer & a high-tech boost controller in one for like $560 sold at Exhaust Depot, how come the Blitz SBC is $512? I know the SBC has more boost functions but how many do you actually need/use? And what are the major differences from the SBC-iD compared to the SBC-DC for an extra 70 bucks [Dynamic Racing]? Is the installation/tuning that much easier on the Blitz than the Profec?

You people know more about these than I do. I just judge which looks the coolest. Lol.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I have the Blitz SBC-DC. The differences between this one and the SBC-iD are on Blitz's website: www.blitz-na.com . Blitz is known to have the best solenoid in the business, that's why it is pricey. Yes, it (solenoid) is big, but Second Chance found a GREAT mounting place for it!! I have had zero problems with it and only got a CEL once and it was totally my fault. I would reccomend this unit to anyone. Jeremy Smolik is working on a remote trigger switch that can be mounted on the steering wheel to activate scramble boost. Once I have that, I can launch at 8-9psi, activate scramble boost when I'm in second and bump it up to 16psi. I'm the lucking one to get the first prototype!!

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there a way to just do that automatically? I know that the SBC-DC is an awesome unit, but just the way the Profec can eliminate fuel cut [legitimate?], and control ignition and fuel timing is basically a 2-for-1 deal that seems too good. But I don't want to get a half-ass boost controller and a half-ass fuel computer squished into one. Is that the case?

And what about installation/tuning?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.