Dodge SRT Forum banner

Blade in trunk?

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  ebbtide 
#1 ·
Has anyone mounted theirs yet? I'm curious if it will affect 1/4 times or anything else.

#3 ·
My best geuss is that it is for

a) reducing turbulence under the body for better 1/4 times

b) same for reduced lift at real high speeds (130 plus?)

I'm hoping we can get Exhaust Depot to slap it on for one run, take it off for the next with no other changes. I would but I don't plan on more that one or two runs this summer and since they will be the first two runs I've ever made, consistency not an option :D

#5 ·
In my trunk, and evidently Ebbs also, there is fiberglass reinforced rubber airdam extension. It has a little sheet that says to remove the four bolts under the fascia and use them to install this thing. the material is similar to the rubbery mudflaps for pickup trucks.

#16 ·
Ya, all it is is a wind deflector to help keep some of the air from giong stait under your car. I have one on my Daytona also, I don’t really know how well they accualy work. Mine will probebly not get put on. One I put the new suspention in it it will probebly scape on stuff.

#19 ·
SuperDuperNeon said:
So what's this blade for? Mine came with it installed. After looking underneath the car, it seems it simply deflects debris since there is no underbody cover.
It looks like it sends air into the engine bay, maybe for cooling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.