Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys watsup.. well i was just wondering.. if i were to get a bigger intercooler for my stock turbo.. would that be ok?.. or would i get turbo lagg more? or would i get an increase in hp? I really want to know.. because im considering the bigger intercooler.. for cosmetics and performance?.. I dont have much of any mods on my car .. just upper hard pipe.. hks bov.. injen intake.. and turboback exhaust system.. please need some help.. thnx!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Its ok with stock turbo. I reccomend agp direct fit intercooler(24x6x4.5).no lag and 20hp.

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
what do you think about the big AGP ic? Not the direct fit or the race, the one in between. I like to see it cover the whole mouth. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
some people say they have seen up to 20 h.p with a bigger ic on a stock setup

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I wouldn't get a "race" intercooler if you plan on staying with the stock turbo. (unless you really want the bling factor) a direct-fit would be the way to go. FYI when I installed my spearco I was s0 with exhaust. there was low end lag although it pulled much harder to redline. now with S2+turbo back I don't feel it any more, just a good steady pull. I would recommend the spearco direct-fit to anyone, although it is the most expensive.

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
yeh, well i plan on making around 300whp+ on the stock turbo and then switching to stage 3 sometime down the road. I'm sure direct fit works great, but I wanna know how the regular agp big (not race) fmic works espcially for what i want to do. I just want it to cover the whole mouth of the car so it doesnt look stock :thumbsup: , but be using a good product at the same time. I've searched a lot but it seems everyone goes AGP race and if I can save 100 dolalrs because i don't want to make a 500whp car, then i will. so what do you think of that agp big fmic?

·
Registered
277 Posts
FYI for you guys as well an Intercooler doe snot effect lag on a turbo the intercooler is to keep temps down more air flow and colder airflow not how fast the turbo responds might help a little but does not effect lag as the second post said just wanted to clarify that.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have the Exhaust Depot Superbeast on a stock Turbo and all I can say is awesome.Big improvement in performance all the way around.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Jeremysrt4 said:
FYI for you guys as well an Intercooler doe snot effect lag on a turbo the intercooler is to keep temps down more air flow and colder airflow not how fast the turbo responds might help a little but does not effect lag as the second post said just wanted to clarify that.
mine lagged in low rpm when I installed it to an almost bone stock car (just mopar exhaust at the time). it was slower to spool but pulled a lot harder in the upper rpm band. I disagree.

·
Registered
603 Posts
You will get a little lag depending on your setup...Yes with all the stock lines hooked up it will lag a little but get rid of the "black line" and run one vac. line from your AFTERMARKET WGA to the back of the turbo (green line) and depending on year remove red and or white line so comp. will not control boost and it will be gone, or you could just get a boost controller and T in your vac. lines as described above.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts