Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know what kind of gas mileage you would get from agp's big turbo kit "GT40/T350 (stage 5)" or any high power (400 ++ hp) just wondering if its worth it because i'd love the power but i travel about a 100 miles a day to and from work. Any idea or comparisons on any bigger turbo kits would be apperciated

·
Premium Member
16,989 Posts
Killervenom said:
Any one know what kind of gas mileage you would get from agp's big turbo kit "GT40/T350 (stage 5)" or any high power (400 ++ hp) just wondering if its worth it because i'd love the power but i travel about a 100 miles a day to and from work. Any idea or comparisons on any bigger turbo kits would be apperciated
If you don't boost from what I remember your gas milage improves, since there is less of a restriction in your exhaust.

Plus if you want gas milage, I would just run low boost.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
FastAttack said:
If you don't boost from what I remember your gas milage improves, since there is less of a restriction in your exhaust.

Plus if you want gas milage, I would just run low boost.

:werd: keep out of the gas, mpg stays the same. even on 750cc injectors it's still around 20mpg.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i want a combination between more power and still a decent mpg becase i will eventually move a lot closer to work. eventually i will blow this popcikle stand (alaska) and move to some where warmer with better then 90 octane for premium.

·
Registered
897 Posts
if your driving highway, it might actually improve, since with the larger turbo it won't spool as quickly but you will have power to get you up to speed. thats just my theory though, i could be completely wrong, who knows

·
Premium Member
16,989 Posts
even with bigger injectors in theory if you got a good piggy back to control it like a emanage you can set up conservative maps and get the maximum fuel effenciency with low boost settings.

So in theory even with 750RC injectors you should still be able to pull off 30mpg trips.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
You get better mpg than stock, unless you are boosting 25psi all the time, obviously. With a big turbo, there is alot less spool under normal driving conditions. mpg should not be a factor when getting a big turbo kit.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
When I had the TD05-16G on my SRT-4, on one highway trip I averaged 30 mpg @ 80 mpg.

Then again, I do get stupid good mileage out of my SRT-4 so it could just be me! :jester: :eveilgrin

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
acutally i average completely stock with $20 catch can about 24-25mpg with 60 to 70 percent highway about the highway is from 60 to about 80 depending on traffic im usually at 70 though. So it should stay close to the same hu. what about worst cause senario 100 miles to the tank? (10-11 gallons)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Killervenom said:
I am in tghe 350 whp ball park for the time being and I still get over 20 mpg. When you have all this power in a fwd you don't really use it as much as you think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.