Dodge SRT Forum banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
would be nice....if i could get in a for sale section.... god forbid i put money in forum members pockets lol

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
take the time to find out what you need to make your goal viable within your budget and with some degree of quality. I've seen some hack job big turbo SRT's lately (more and more every year)...these cars turn into fireballs later or get parted out because they have fallen apart

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
it's an out dated turbo...little bigger than a 50 trim (60 trim related). It'll make your goal though. If you're patient enough and stack your money you can probably get a used kit cheap. Most people try to sell their kit together and will take a hit on price vs if you bought everything separate
If you have patience you can piece together a kit. It took me over a year to get everything. But im well under 1000$ for a complete 50Trim kit.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
149 Posts
well this "60 trim" might not be a bad deal then...could be reworked later? bigger wheel?room for improvement?...

·
Registered
149 Posts
is it possible to get a clutch kit around $500....silly question but ill ask it

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Sure, it's possible. Just remember, doing a clutch on these cars is a bunch of work, so cheaping out on parts will come back to haunt you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
well i just realized a flywheel is required. no wonder the price is high... explains it

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #88

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have the 5431 from agp and its a great turbo. Im getting ready to add meth injection

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
149 Posts
that atp kit gave me a full on erection

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
that atp kit gave me a full on erection
:rofl:

I am planning on going with that one (the ATP) I was told it is a great turbo for the price, and it will hit my power goals within my budget! I am also going to MAP in MN to get a dual tune for pump gas and E85, ( a bit more than I wanted to spend, but I'm going to do it now, or it wont happen, lol )

I'm pretty excited to see the results, I will make sure to post the dyno sheets!

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
So, for big turbo I am looking at either:

The ATP kit from MAP with the .63 A/R for $1525 (their quote)
ATP Turbo Garrett T3/T4 Complete Turbo Kit With Hardware 03-05 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Modern Automotive Performance

or

The AGP kit from AGP for $1775 from ModernPerformance.
I was looking at the Precision 5431E .63 A/R
SRT-4 Turbocharger Upgrade Kit - AGP Turbochargers, Inc. Store

Any suggestions between the 2, or if I should go with another?
Tunergeeks 50trim kit. Last time i checked it was $1500 shipped

·
Registered
810 Posts
If you have patience you can piece together a kit. It took me over a year to get everything. But im well under 1000$ for a complete 50Trim kit.

As am I. I got a killer deal on my 60-1 kit. Traded my e1 set up plus a couple hundred bucks. Be patient if your looking to piece one together.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
810 Posts
So, for big turbo I am looking at either:

The ATP kit from MAP with the .63 A/R for $1525 (their quote)
ATP Turbo Garrett T3/T4 Complete Turbo Kit With Hardware 03-05 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Modern Automotive Performance

or

The AGP kit from AGP for $1775 from ModernPerformance.
I was looking at the Precision 5431E .63 A/R
SRT-4 Turbocharger Upgrade Kit - AGP Turbochargers, Inc. Store

Any suggestions between the 2, or if I should go with another?
In all honesty depending on your goals but it seems like you want "room for growth" if you go with precision 5431 if your wanting room to grow. Then get the 5831. Same price for a bigger turbo. Check out Undersrtarmor he was using that and ran like an 11.1 or 11.3. Can't remember.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
810 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I ran both.

10s on 30 psi no doubt.
What is your spool time like? Is there a lot of lag? What is your overall opinion of the turbo?

I just want to make sure I get something I'm going to like, also, I have an ACR with the BBS wheels and KDW2 tires, do you think I will have a lot of trouble with traction?

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
What is your spool time like? Is there a lot of lag? What is your overall opinion of the turbo?

I just want to make sure I get something I'm going to like, also, I have an ACR with the BBS wheels and KDW2 tires, do you think I will have a lot of trouble with traction?
Lols. Traction. Whats that :Rofl

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month
9,177 Posts

Check the link out in my sig

81 - 100 of 111 Posts