Dodge SRT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
its just so simple getting a bws, inj, and tune, without buying the manifold, lines and all that shit. fuck it im being frugile here lol. 20g and ill add meth later. iv made up my mind!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
good luck...buying a big turbo kit is buying a kit that can grow with you. Buying a BWS is good until you're ready to put on your big boy pants; then you have to start from scratch

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
good luck...buying a big turbo kit is buying a kit that can grow with you. Buying a BWS is good until you're ready to put on your big boy pants; then you have to start from scratch
:rofl:

That's where I'm at, just found out my budget got cut in half, so I'm going to have to wait on the turbo till next year, just keeping it on the stock turbo and going to try for E85 this year!

·
Registered
149 Posts
im just gonna put on my medium sized pants, is that ok? lol:lol:

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
You're gonna be sorry later. Trust me I was in your shoes and went BWS, blah, blah, blah. Then, I finally got a big turbo and I've been kicking myself ever since for all the money and time I wasted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What are you talking about bro, I've done plenty of research and my dd does very well and performs reliably at the strip.
You should probably try to not shut people down without a cause, especially when they give there "opinion".

Notice my low posts, that's not ignorance, that's long term reading. I have read from this forum religiously for over a year, so try not to be a jerk about it

As far as SPEC, I have not seen any wide spread issues. Perhaps a bad installation, all I know is my Stage 2+ works very well. You are going to have to come with facts if you want me to change my view.

Skip the SPEC Clutch. They are known to fail on our platform. You should probably do some research yourself before giving anyone advise

·
Fresh Meat Moderator
16,395 Posts
That's basically what I'm looking for, to get to the 400 hp mark, and still have room to grow without buying a new turbo all the time.
You do know that Mole hit those numbers in his sig with an upgraded stock manifold. You wont be able to make those numbers like he did.

If you want high power do it right, go big turbo.

·
Registered
149 Posts
this thing is a dd not a toy so im not going big. 350whp before meth id be super happy. but my friends are already placing a wager for an end of summer race and its eating me alive. 69 454 built camaro, vs me vs s13 with rb25, vs built sr20det, lol my ego may get the best of me when it comes to buying a new turbo.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Just so you know, it's fairly easy to find great deals on here for piecing a kit together. I took my time and over a 6 month time frame started getting pieces here and there. I spent in total $1080 and I am very happy. Trapped 117.66 spinning first, second and a second or two of third at the track last weekend.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
149 Posts
where is the damn for sale section? cause i cant find that mother lol

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
You still have some posting to do before being able to use that section

I believe you still need 60 posts and be here for three months before you get access

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
615 Posts
350? Hope U have a great tuner friend, E85 and access to a dyno and alot of friends who port and polish. Yes U can make 350 with a BWS but everything has to be near perfect. Just go big! I have had a BWS for 4 years ( E1 ) and it was a great upgrade from stock but the #'s U're talking for the average guy, just not going to happen. And buy the time U max out a BWS u will have paid for a big turbo setup. Where U live there is no real good reason not to go big, I live in Cali. and we have the smog Nazi's so that what was attracted me to a BWS in the first place. John's setup is kick ass and if U choose to go BWS that would be the way I would go. Still when is all is said and done, U have access to good fuel and lax smog reg's, GO BIG!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yes go big turbo . I got into the stage 3 kit. make great power with the upgraded wheels to the Turbo and pnp on e85 but to compair prices I could have bought a big turbo kit that I could still be growing into for years to come. I also live in Cali so that is why I went s3 looks like a stock turbo if you don't know anything about it . Save the wallet go big turbo

·
Registered
149 Posts
well 3500 bucks is gonna suck for the kit i want to put together. just dusted my clutch finally lol, time for a new one

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Got to pay to play...car modifications are a luxury; save up and take that trip to Cancun instead of going to Wisconsin for your vacation (same idea with your BWS and big turbo)

·
Registered
149 Posts
so how is it possible to make near 300hp on stock turbo. but not 350whp with a bws... it just seems rediculous

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
No it doesn't...it makes perfect sense. Shoving a bigger wheel into something that has chokes in other areas is going to stop power. You're trying to polish a turd...Until you wash your hands of that turd you are fighting an uphill battle...

If you hook up a bad ass pump on your little water hose...you still wont exceed a certain flow rate

·
Registered
149 Posts
i hate logic lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
well i found a precision sc44 locally on craigslist? cant find any threads or info

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
it's an out dated turbo...little bigger than a 50 trim (60 trim related). It'll make your goal though. If you're patient enough and stack your money you can probably get a used kit cheap. Most people try to sell their kit together and will take a hit on price vs if you bought everything separate

61 - 80 of 111 Posts