Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the day has finally come... 50trim install complete, along with fuel pump, return line, injectors, safc2, and boost controller...

we start it up... runs like a charm... everything is as should be, no cells..

i drive home not getting into Any boost whatsoever, mind you i live 5 minuntes away...

the car sputters abit, even at 5vac... by the time i made it home, my engine was almost in the red on temps... we put in coolent, and oil is hooked up...

im using somones base maps... but im not running any boost so should that be ok?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP...

gotta be a big turbo owner on here somewhere...

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
when you are saying you are not in any boost are you in gas saver mode type throttle input.. also what is your map settings...

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I think you have air bubbles in your cooling system. When you put in coolant, theres a little release valve that you need to open which releases air pressure...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BACARDI_DWB said:
when you are saying you are not in any boost are you in gas saver mode type throttle input.. also what is your map settings...

well i mean " im not getting into any boost" like driving like grandma, so i dont spool the turbo since it's bran new...

and it sputters a bit...,

map settings on safc2, something like LOW, 1000/30 and then 20 all the way down,
Hi goes 1000/30, then like 29 29. 28 28. 27. 26 26. all the way down to 19 at 6200rpm

·
Registered
364 Posts
You can spool the turbo as it don't need a break in, and the overheating is due to the air in the system that the guy above spoke of.. Just take the cap off when the car is cold.. fill er up, start it.. watch it go down fill it up again and keep filling it.. till it won't take anymore and start's overflowing.. then go from there.. The base map is just that.. a base map.. you'll have to fine tune it to get where you need to go w/ it.. but glad to hear she started right up... Just how i like em...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ultimateone said:
what are you using for a Fuel Pressure line?
The agp return kit w/ the -6 an stainless line

·
Banned
388 Posts
immyz said:
well the day has finally come... 50trim install complete, along with fuel pump, return line, injectors, safc2, and boost controller...

we start it up... runs like a charm... everything is as should be, no cells..

i drive home not getting into Any boost whatsoever, mind you i live 5 minuntes away...

the car sputters abit, even at 5vac... by the time i made it home, my engine was almost in the red on temps... we put in coolent, and oil is hooked up...

im using somones base maps... but im not running any boost so should that be ok?

that same shit happened to me when i intalled my kit u just have to keep the car running for 30 after that i'll come back to normal(temperature))

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ultimateone said:
No what are you using for boost source?
Tapped to the intake manifold... What is the normal Fuel PSI for these things? I went w/ some old school TD stuff and set it static at 55psi.. MIght be too high.. ANy other insight.. It's all minor, no leak's, and it run's so the rest is simple...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BACARDI_DWB said:

well i mean " im not getting into any boost" like driving like grandma, so i dont spool the turbo since it's bran new...

and it sputters a bit...,

map settings on safc2, something like LOW, 1000/30 and then 20 all the way down,
Hi goes 1000/30, then like 29 29. 28 28. 27. 26 26. all the way down to 19 at 6200rpm

·
Registered
575 Posts
KeyboardCommando said:
I think you have air bubbles in your cooling system. When you put in coolant, theres a little release valve that you need to open which releases air pressure...
Easily fixed-Most probable cause. :readclose

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^ when u say the redline of the cold side pipe my BOV is on?? and run that as a boost source to the FPR and start at 44psi.. it's at 40psi now.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Ultimateone said:
Maybe you should try and run the redline off the uppipe and start around 43-44psi
you had told me to do this a while ago. I did it and it worked, no more sputter!thanks bro!

·
Registered
364 Posts
You guy's turned it down? it's set static at 55. if you haven't moved it.. pull the line off.. If you pull the line off and then adjust it down to 44psi then that should possibly fix your issue.. i'mnot suer if you loading up or not on fuel...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no we didnt adjust it any, it went down to 40psi static... it runs good now, no more sputter...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
so, I take it - you just had air bubbles in your cooling system. Another good thing that you might want to do is make sure that your coolant overflow bottle is just about a half full. When the car is at operating temp (180-200) open the COOLANT OVERFLOW bottle & add coolant to it until you reach about 1/2 mark. Let the car cool down - open the cap on the radiator. Add more coolant. As the engine gets hot again, coolant will expand & start pouring into the overflow bottle, taking some air with it, too. Now as the engine is cooling down coolant will start pulling back & this time it will suck on the overflow bottle & take in more coolant instead of air. ;)
Cycle it like that a few times & you will be ok. Also- check your afr meter - if you have one. Running way too lean will have he same effect pretty much, Seen it happen once. (disconnect your battery for a while in this case, too before loading base maps).
And finally - Take about 3-4 foot long hose (just like one that is on the bottom of your coolant overflow bottle) & hook it up on the top of it. Slide it behind the suporing brackets, PCM & all & have it pointing at the floor - that way any excessive coolant will not spray in your engine bay but will instead be routed directly to the ground :)
Good luck & sorry about the long read. Hope you got it fixed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts