Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, to start, I do not currently own a NSRT-4, but plan to in the future, so I'm seeking advice about what's required for certain mods.

As I've been looking at big turbo swapped NSRT-4's, a question came into my mind about how the O2 housing would fit up to the downpipe with aftermarket turbo manifolds and big turbo swaps. It looks to me like the stock manifold to O2 housing port is specially placed, and a o2 housing meant for the stock manifold wouldn't come close to fitting aftermarket manifolds/turbos (as far as shape is concerned.) I fully expected this, but I'm just wondering if there is a certain aftermarket o2 housing that is meant to bolt up to the standard 4 bolt outlet big turbos.

I apologize if the question is noobish, but I just want to make sure I know what parts to get when I acquire an SRT-4 and begin to modify it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
You are right in that any o2 housing designed for the stock manifold/turbo is not going to work with a big turbo setup. The o2 housing needed for a big turbo setup is going to be completely based on what manifold you have and what exhaust housing is on the turbo. For a standard log style manifold and 4 bolt exhaust housing, the AGP o2 housing works well. If you have any form of tubular manifold, you'll either need an o2 housing made for that manifold, or a custom one made.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts