Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read people/sites posting that they can feel the power difference gained with a big turbo, even at the same psi. huh? how does that work?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok well how big of a diference is it. lets lay stock at 12 and 60-1 at 12.
I understand the exhaust flow will be more , and the turbo can flow more but the engine is seeing the same amount of pressure. sorry Im a n/a nitrous guy, first turbo car.
just asking due to my safc being on backorder so I wont be able to add extra fuel until it gets here.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
ok...

well think of like this...

put 15 psi of air through a straw...

now put 15psi through a garden hose..

see the difference?

engines care about the volume of air in the cylinders. 15 psi from a garden hose is going to flow more air volume, than through a straw.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok im tracking. I had already played that scenerio in my head. and heres why I didnt think like that. if the ic piping is matched up to the stock turbo for flow, then there wouldnt be any change in flow unless the ic piping is upgraded along with the turbo.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
androtaker said:
ok im tracking. I had already played that scenerio in my head. and heres why I didnt think like that. if the ic piping is matched up to the stock turbo for flow, then there wouldnt be any change in flow unless the ic piping is upgraded along with the turbo.
well, to a point...

you forget that we have an insanely small turbo, actually the turbo is the greatest restriction, not the piping.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks, thats what wasnt calculating.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
androtaker said:
ok thanks, thats what wasnt calculating.
No prob. I remember everything I had to relearn when I got a turbo car.. It takes some getting used to.

The stock turbo has like a 2" outlet, so thats the smallest piece.

People are running 600 horsepower through stock sized pipes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts