Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to what some of you guys are running with pump gas.

Since W/I reduces detonation and acts "as" race gas, I was thinking on 93 pump, 24-25 psi should be ok to run.

Big turbo guys please chim in as I want to hear your results.

·
Registered
371 Posts
i just jumped up to 24 psi but could probably go as far as 26-27. I spray a 50/50 mix of alky and water.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
i only run a max of 22psi.... but then again i make 420 whp on pump gas at 22psi... i have never really took it any further. i am waiting to build my bottom end before i push any more power.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
guygettnby said:
i only run a max of 22psi.... but then again i make 420 whp on pump gas at 22psi... i have never really took it any further. i am waiting to build my bottom end before i push any more power.
Hey, me too! well, not exactly, just can't hold the 22psi with the hair dryer, i can't get those big numbers...too poor :crying:

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
acancelledczech said:
Hey, me too! well, not exactly, just can't hold the 22psi with the hair dryer, i can't get those big numbers...too poor :crying:
be patient man.. it will happen for you 1 day. good things happen to those who wait :readclose

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
maybe the thread should be now much boost on washer fluid sence isnt' that what the most of the public runs? or is that just me?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
SpecJ said:
Curious to what some of you guys are running with pump gas.

Since W/I reduces detonation and acts "as" race gas, I was thinking on 93 pump, 24-25 psi should be ok to run.

Big turbo guys please chim in as I want to hear your results.
First thing you have to check is your A/F are they at safe level, and then see how much boost you can run safely. WI is not going to come on every single time so you want to boost with safty in mind. I usually go as high as 23 with WI on. I only go past 23 when i am using 116oct. I think on the street you can push 23 or 24 psi just run a 50/50 meth and water mix.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
whats the mix of water and meth in washer fluid?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Has anyone dyno'd their cars to see if timing is being pulled or if the motor is getting any detonation.

I could care less about A/F's... those are always in check and I have enough fuel for 40 lbs of boost, and my W/I is progressively controlled and always comes on cause the LEDS go buck wild, so if they didnt I could shut it down.

I'm taking that the car is probably good to about 24 psi alone on pump, and probably 26-28 on with water injection on pump (93), but I just want to make sure that the motor is not having a tough time with it, cause at these levels anything can happen.

I'm still probably gonna throw some 100 in the tank to safegaurd, but 116 is rediculous and I like my o2 sensors

1 - 15 of 15 Posts