Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed the forge wga. I have stg 1, and a greddy profec B. I am having some boost spike issues(not partial throttle). Whenever I floor it (wheter the profec is turned on LO or HI, or wether the wga is fed directly by the green line), I get about a 20-23 lb spike. It will fall down to 12-15 by redline. Does anyone know what to check?

To recap:
Green line is the source.
Profec is properly hooked up. (triple checked)
Spiking 20-23, falling to 12-15 to redline
Need Help.

·
Registered
448 Posts
i dunno what it is, i have the Rage actuator (modified Forge) and not till recently i started having problems with it too... my car will spike but i let off before i even let it settle to stop it from going too high... i had everything tuned then i had to take it off to go back to the dealership to have the car check fora code which was an ignition key programming gone bad i have not been able to get the car tuned again since, not matter what i try or what i do it just won't F'n run

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well I just found out that the clamp on the turbo for the intake was compelety loose. I tightened it down, but now I am getting a 18- 21 lb spike.

for srt-gurl setup, does she leave the green line connected to the solenoid, t inot the blue line, and cap the blue line at the solenoid?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I haven't tried the blue line yet. I pm'ed her about it. Some have said that using the blue line as a boost source will overwork the turbo. I figured since she's the one in the 12's she'd be the one to ask.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I too have the same problem with the forge actuator. I am running the green line with a turbo smart mbc and with the boost turned all the way down i still spike over 20 and bleed off to about 13. pm me if the blue line makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well I'm pretty sure I figured out the problem. I took apart the unit, and if I try and press the spring it is really stiff, and once I press hard enough then it will break loose. Once it breaks loose then it is much easier to push and move around. So this is more than likely the cause of my 18-23 lb spikes. I figured if I could take the spring assembly apart and smooth down the blue plastic piece it would fix it, but I can't figure out how to get the thing apart.

Any ideas?

Edit: I haven't tested it out yet, but you'll need to heat up the loctite to make it easier to unscrew the arm from the spring assembly. Then I took the blue piece off the spring. Then I used a small kitchen knife and cut a very thin small amount of the blue stuff off. It now operates much smoother. I will buy some white lithium grease at wal-mart to make it even smoother in a few hours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.