Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning: No SRT-4 content (sorry).

Autologic Civic vs. 10-sec LS1 <--Requires the latest Windows Media Player codec pack (I think?).

Cliff Notes: Don't race a heads/cam LS1 unless you're trapping over 125mph in the 1/4. They WILL put land on your ass.

Short story: Met up with a friend of mine for a friendly little highway run. We were chillin at about 40-45mph, and I was in 3rd gear way far from my powerband when somebody decided to jump the gun and go. Instead of dropping to 2nd I just kept it in 3rd and mashed the gas. Turbo took a few seconds to spool and when it did, my tires broke loose. I just rode it out until they stopped spinning. The car finally hooked somewhere toward the top of 3rd and I started to reel in the LS1. I passed him up at the top of 4th somewhere around 140mph. Somewhere in the back (wayyy in the back) is a Z28 Camaro LT1 w/bolt ons & nitrous, another LS1 Camaro w/bolt ons, and a BPU+ Supra.

We stopped and talked after the race and we were both impressed by each others cars. I was very amazed at how his heads/cam LS1 pulled on the roll. Definately a little faster than that heads/cam TA I raced last weekend. Right after we shut down, a white Lexus IS300 went flying by us -- I guess he didn't know the race was already over. And a few seconds later a cop goes flying by us chasing the Lexus. Damn that was close.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Okay I'll bite.

Sooo..... what are your stats on your civic? mods? Just curious.

BPU+ Supra "wayyy in the back" ya got to be real friggin fast. Not calling BS but curious on your mods.

Better watch out for Turbo Buicks and Turbo TAs while your at it.

Peace.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, thought I explained my setup. Just a drop in B18B motor with a turbo and a little bit of tuning by Jason Herrera (aka st00pid) at Autologic. But damn man, those heads/cam LS1's are everywhere. You never know if you're going tup against a 12 second one or a 10 second one. Time to install my nitrous kit :shock:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
haha whats funny is i know the owner of Race Related and hes very eager to get his hands on an SRT with a willing owner :roll: :wink: stay tuned :twisted: . Anyhow hes currently working on two lil beasts:

Lightning-charged 97 Cobra = 2002 Lightning motor complete bolted to a 5 speed :twisted:

then his own persnoal car a 2002 HD Edition F150= 1000hp T76 Turbo + a bit of NOS :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Funny you should mention race related..when i was seeking out a shop to get work done on my car everyone told me to steer clear of there.. but i heard they already had a success of a motorswap of a lightning motor into a 95ish year GT and got 500rwhp range out of it (car went to my school the kid originally just slapped a supercharger on the stock motor and then after he got beat by a transam with headers and drag radials and lid he decided he wanted a whole new motor...) was that car done at race related? (might have been at real speed parts) not meaning to but in..just curious

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
El Scorcho said:
Funny you should mention race related..when i was seeking out a shop to get work done on my car everyone told me to steer clear of there.. but i heard they already had a success of a motorswap of a lightning motor into a 95ish year GT and got 500rwhp range out of it (car went to my school the kid originally just slapped a supercharger on the stock motor and then after he got beat by a transam with headers and drag radials and lid he decided he wanted a whole new motor...) was that car done at race related? (might have been at real speed parts) not meaning to but in..just curious
You can install a Ford V-10 without modding your engine bay mounts.

With the 5.4 Triton motor, beside the fender clearance, you will need a new hood (due to clearance of the intake manifold).

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
j00 = Te4 L337 4aXX0R! :p

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
Bad93Ex said:
I think the Z28 would take it but you never know until you race.
yeah thats what i told `em. once i get my SRT me, him, and my buddy w/ his lightly modded 3000GT VR-4 are all gunna go to the track, outta make a good video :)

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
why? its only 4000 pounds. :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
10 Participants
lifeisdeath
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing