Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I worked in the detail dept for 2 years at the dealership I am now a service advisor at. We used many different waxes, but most were wuick waxes or industrial waxes. I've used Meguair's Gold Class on my current car since I've owned it but am now willing to spend the more money for a better product. Don't get me wrong, Gold Class works AWESOME, but I was wondering what is suggested as THE best. I've heard different one's like Zymol and all sorts of other brands, but I want the best for protection, shine, etc.. I've heard of some kind you can only order online, but don't remember the name. Just give me your input. Thanks!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Meguiar's!!! nuthing but the BEST!

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts

·
Banned
178 Posts
I would say go the Zaino way my stepdad uses it on his Viper and I also use it on my car too and it really makes it look damn good.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
http://www.zainobros.com
for those of you looking.. I believe I'll be ordering my $60 order of Zainos products laster this week. Won't be used until the SRT-4 gets here, but I already have lots of stuff sitting in their boxes on my floor waiting for installation, so why not add more? Their site is very informative. Read their FAQ and it'll help you out on deciding what Zainos products to use. I can't wait! Just gonna be hard to take that much time out to wax the car when I can be driving it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought Zaino was good. But Klasse is way better, and its a sealant like Zaino. And a lot of people say Klasse gets less dusty than Zaino. White is a hard color to get looking like this.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I thought I'd ask this question since this has to do with washing. What kinds of setup do you use to wash your car? I've always used a clean sponge, but recently I heard this might be bad and to use pieces of a clean cotton towel. I don't want to add any unnecessary scratches so any info is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
travanx said:
I thought Zaino was good. But Klasse is way better, and its a sealant like Zaino. And a lot of people say Klasse gets less dusty than Zaino. White is a hard color to get looking like this.

powder coated wheels??

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Grunge said:
I thought I'd ask this question since this has to do with washing. What kinds of setup do you use to wash your car? I've always used a clean sponge, but recently I heard this might be bad and to use pieces of a clean cotton towel. I don't want to add any unnecessary scratches so any info is appreciated. Thanks.
I bought a sheepskin(some animal) wash glove at Wal Mart and I rinse it off after each section I wash, I also use the back side too. I use a cheap wash glove for the wheels, wells, etc. Then I use the Absorber to dry, there's nothing better. Then a towel for drying the wheels, jams, trunk. Then a Maguires sponge type applicator pad w/ "Armor All Shine" for the wheel dressing. I also bought a California Duster for in between washes. :wink:

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
RUgoinup said:
Grunge said:
I bought a sheepskin(some animal) wash glove at Wal Mart and I rinse it off after each section I wash, I also use the back side too. I use a cheap wash glove for the wheels, wells, etc. Then I use the Absorber to dry, there's nothing better. Then a towel for drying the wheels, jams, trunk. Then a Maguires sponge type applicator pad w/ "Armor All Shine" for the wheel dressing. I also bought a California Duster for in between washes. :wink:
I went out and bought the absorber....shit works better than a damn expensive chamois. I guess Ill have to find a good wax now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
22 Participants
jaymzx
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing