Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking into the idea of making the srt4 awd or rwd..just wondering if any of you guys know good shops that have done drivetrain conversions before...its not a definate go..but a serious possibility if the numbers work.

· Registered
3,212 Posts
...I wonder if that would void the warrenty? :lol:

Sounds like a really expensive job. Race-tech Inc. comes to mind on this, but you might want to take this project to someone larger in the US?

· Registered
2,174 Posts
Honestly, for the costs involved you could probably buy an STi to go along with your SRT-4. For starters the cars whole underside is not designed to accomodate the drivetrain so you'd end up with a 4X4 look.

I think most shops wouldn't even look at the job.

· Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JCX said:
Honestly, for the costs involved you could probably buy an STi to go along with your SRT-4. For starters the cars whole underside is not designed to accomodate the drivetrain so you'd end up with a 4X4 look.

I think most shops wouldn't even look at the job.
just looking into ways to be unique :)..a couple other people are looking into it as well...

· Registered
443 Posts
Well the v8 rwd conversion for the ford focus cost between $5000- unlimited depending on the enigne mods etc...

· Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Punch said:
Well the v8 rwd conversion for the ford focus cost between $5000- unlimited depending on the enigne mods etc...
the way our car is set up though, awd conversion is almost easier...but id like to have a rwd....it would take alot of fabricating though...focus is almost designed to be rwd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.