Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These are what I’m planning to get at some point, but they are pricey: 03-05 Dodge Neon SRT 4 Morimoto Mini H1 Retrofit

Seem to be a pretty good setup. Their customer service is good and very responsive to questions too.
I was looking at these Spyder® - Black Halo Projector Headlights with Parking LEDs
And also these Spec-D® - Black Dual Halo Projector Headlights with Parking LEDs
I like the halo look to them but I also don't want to break the bank. I'm wondering how the Spyder ones are mostly.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Spec-D and Spyder are both garbage brands. I've had Spec-Ds and they leaked water like crazy. Spyder headlights are known for terrible light output. Personally, I also think they both look like ass, but that's subjective.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Retro fit your own headlights its involved but worth it in the end. It took me a good week to make mine and many hours spent. It was complicated to get the wiring and circuit I made right. In the end I spent about $500 on just parts alone but they look amazing and the light out put is far greater than stock. Projectors alone will cost you about $200 For good ones, the ones that you want anyway.

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
169 Posts
Amazon headlights here, I have the OEM black housing with clear lens. As with any aftermarket headlight or tail light, I seal them extra with with clear silicone and let it cure 24 hrs prior to installing them. Never had condensation or leaks. I also use LED bulbs for both headlights and fog lights because HID draws too much and nearly destroyed my multifunction switch connector.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
i had the rock auto $30/ea for a few years and there similar to stock

VARIOUS MFR CH2503151 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} Info
Right; w/o headlamp level system; from 5/12/03

Part image
$30.79

i have the ebay projectors, $175 now.. lighting isn't as good.. but looks better

·
Super Moderator
16,762 Posts
The quality of some of the aftermarket lights leaves a lot to be desired. I've bought several pair off of rock auto for different vehicles, and some off amazon. It's really hit or miss. The biggest issue? Condensation/leaking. I swear more than half the time this seems to happen. I don't know if it's the casing not being 100% airtight or the backside, but a few days after or after a big rain, I'd find the inside of one or both lights fogged over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.