Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently saving to get my SRT4 and for a boost controller for it. My question is what would be the best EBC to get for the money and what one would be user friendly since Im new to turbos. Also I know the spring is weak on the wastegate so what BOV should I get. Id like to boost the car around 15 psi and be able to run at a lower boost for launching. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Depends what your doing, if you have plans for adding a piggy back computer grab the E-01, hell grab it anyways :wink:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
http://www.srtforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2945

The e-01 man, I'm tell yah!

G

·
Personally, I'm a big fan of the Blitz DSBC series of boost controllers...

I've used them on a few cars, and you cant really go wrong.

DSBC Spec R, DSBC DC, DSBC iD

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
The blitz is a bad ass unit I must say. I like the eo1 for the srt though. Unlike the supra, we never really had an issue loosing boost with teh stock twins. Teh blitz is used by many big boy supra guys.

At 22 psi, it would drop to abou 20 at redline. On the srt, at 16-17psi, it drops down to 13psi. So the added RPM off set on the eo1 is a great feature for us.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may go with a MBC like turboxs to save some cash, if I got the dashpot thing from ATP would the manual controller be able to hold a higher boost till redline? Like I said Im going mild and dont want to lean out the car cause im not going to get into piggy back systems and injectors and all that, just would like to have some bolt ons. Id like to be able to set it at 16psi and have it drop down enough at redline so it wont go lean. Can 16 psi be ran at redline without going lean?

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
jmg2k3srt4 said:
I may go with a MBC like turboxs to save some cash, if I got the dashpot thing from ATP would the manual controller be able to hold a higher boost till redline? Like I said Im going mild and dont want to lean out the car cause im not going to get into piggy back systems and injectors and all that, just would like to have some bolt ons. Id like to be able to set it at 16psi and have it drop down enough at redline so it wont go lean. Can 16 psi be ran at redline without going lean?
Yes it should. I htink nathan is experimenting with that now.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
jmg2k3srt4 said:
IF you get that actuator from AGP, you'll only be able to run 13-14psi till redline. Any higher boost, you'll need race fuel or bigger injectors.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So get the MBC form turboxs, save money, run it at 16 psi and it will drop to 13-14 at redline, since the stock spring make it drop, and my factory fuel system whould be ok then. That sound about right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.