Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. It looks like I will buy a 05 SRT-4 pretty soon. I'm looking at a red one for my first choice. What dealer do you guys recommend? I think only Town&Country has a 05 on their lot right now. It is a Orange Blast.

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought my 04 at T&C of Wilsonville,in june for $18,488 talk to Brian at that dealership he will treat ya right.By the way mine was a special sale but you should still be able to get 1 for around 20k.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I bought mine at Lums auto sales in Astoria 2 1/2 weeks ago. I live in portland but drove the 2 hours to get it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Check this out before you buy

Two things you REALLY should check out before you go buy one. These could save you a bundle, and make your car-buying experience an absolute snap:

1. Check out Portland Teachers Credit Union. They have the best loan rates you'll find; even dealers will tell you that. Also, if you go through one of their Credit Union Direct Lenders (there are like 7 of them between the Portland/Salem area), they can take care of getting your PTCU loan right at the dealership. It's a breeze.

2. Check out the Costco auto buying program. If you or anyone in your family has a Costco card, just go on their website, enter a few details, and a dealer will call you back & give you your Costco member price. Only takes a minute, and you'll save TONS. I checked this out the morning of the day I was going out to buy mine, and man was glad I did... it ended up saving me more than 2 grand. Plus, no need to haggle at the dealership!

Using both of these programs, I was able to get my '04 SRT-4 from Dick's Country Dodge out in Hillsboro for $100.00 over dealer invoice, I put no money down, and my payments are slightly under $300.00/month. I still can't believe it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Orange blast is out now??!?!?! I'd be all over that one. Too many red ones out there already. But yah, shop around at your bank for better rates. ChryFinancial offered me 6% and said that's the best possible rate they could give. My bank gave 5.79, Chrysler came back and gave me 5.49. So as long as you have reasonable proof of better rate, they'll go lower.

·
Registered
44 Posts
1. Check out Portland Teachers Credit Union. They have the best loan rates you'll find; even dealers will tell you that. Also, if you go through one of their Credit Union Direct Lenders (there are like 7 of them between the Portland/Salem area), they can take care of getting your PTCU loan right at the dealership. It's a breeze.
I have a PTCU loan for my SRT. I think I have 4.0%, I'd have to check. They are pretty cool to deal with so far. I bought at Brian Bickmore but I still think they are assess. It is the second Neon I have bought from them (99 R/T) but I got it at sticker, $21,480 I think. I don't really care about that, but they had the only black/black with sunroof at the time.

I bought my MSP at Tonkin, I also bought my 99 R/T dakota there and my 92 Dakota a few years ago. They are okay to deal with but the service department is typical.

I have been into T&C and they seem to be pretty nice.

Britt

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
I bought mine at Ron Tonkin. First SRT they sold. Although alot of people say bad stuff about them they treated me good. If you give them my name as a refferance I think they send me $100. Tell them not to send it and take it off your car. Also tell them if they dont give you great deal there name will be smeared all over SRT FORUMS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I went onto Dodge.com. The Woodburn dealer has a 04 red in stock. It has the side aibags, so that deletes the Viper style seats. The Salem dealer has 2 red, 2 silver and 1 black in stock. All 04's. The two red ones have no options. I don't care for moonroofs anyway. The two silver ones have the audio system upgrade and moonroofs. Is the Audio system upgrade worth the money?

I hate all Ron Tonkin dealers. I won't buy a car from them ever. I heard Timberline is pretty good. I will email the Salem dealer and see what prices they offer.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The kicker system is ok, but it depends what you want in a stereo. The 6 (7 tech.) is pretty cool to have, but I wanna get my iPod hooked up, that'll be much better. I've had a 250.2 amp and 400 watt sub for about 5 years, so the kicker system isn't as strong, but it's ok. I'd try to get one with the kicker, but don't pay for it. Just tell them it's not worth it to you but since it has it on there, they can knock down the price. That's what I did.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don't sweat the dealers' online inventories; any dealer in the NW can get a car transferred from another dealer usually within a day, even if they're 300 miles away. I bought mine in Hillsboro, OR and I think it came from the Olympia, WA area.

Get the sunroof, man. The car's pretty small inside, and the sunroof really makes it feel bigger. Purely psychological, but it makes a big difference.

By the way, my PTCU loan is 4.59% for 84 months. If anybody can beat that, I'll be stunned. At that low a rate, the long loan term doesn't really add much to the total vehicle cost, and it keeps the payments nice and low.

Ok enough from me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.