Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only 3k miles and my engine light came on 2day. Wanted 2 know if anyone knows of a good dealership that wont void my warranty over my minor mods.

My closest is clermont dodge but its fairly new and as far as i know, they havent done much work on srt4`s for me to get any advice on them.

Im willing to make the trip to orlando dealers if it means keeping my warranty.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month, 2011
4,588 Posts
Definitely DO NOT go to Clermont Dodge!! I live about 10 min. form there and almost bought an SRT-4 from them when I found out they were trying to rip me off!!! I went and bought a E-Blue on the coast instead. I have been taking mine to Orlando Dodge (a little bit of a drive but worth it!). Chris is a good guy to deal with!! By the way where are you guys located? Looking form some SRT-4's in the area.

·
Registered
583 Posts
mikebrink28 said:
I have only 3k miles and my engine light came on 2day. Wanted 2 know if anyone knows of a good dealership that wont void my warranty over my minor mods.

My closest is clermont dodge but its fairly new and as far as i know, they havent done much work on srt4`s for me to get any advice on them.

Greenway didn't void mine, they had to replace part of my axel even when I had after market springs lol, they said they couldn't prove the springs had caused it.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
mikebrink28 said:

What's the code? You still have the Stage 2 WGA, right? Could just be a overboosting code but do you know how to check the codes?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Don't go to Greenway. Those motherfuckers tried to void my warranty because my TPS sensor was fraying and they said that I, that's right, myself, tried to cut. Now why in the fuck would I randomly try to cut my TPS wire? Then they told me that my Mopar BOV was on backwards. And then on top of all that, they were telling me that all my wires were in the wrong place and had been moved around.

This is when the only mod I had was a Mopar BOV, installed by the dealer because they offered for free. The wires had never been moved.. not even once.

The service manager is a dick. We came to an agreement that he'd let me keep my warranty if I promised to never come back there again. So I promised to never come back, then I promised to never recommend them to anyone ever.

I didn't have problems at Orlando Chrysler Jeep Hyundai. They're across the street from Orlando Dodge. Orlando Dodge sent me over there because they were really busy the day I went. I ended up getting treated like a king over there. I'm not so sure how they are about mods, but they didn't seem to care when I brought my car in.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i had it fixed the next day. The green solenoid popped off and read overboost. They said that it was no problem but it did seem a little suspicous. The service manager said he will be reasonable about mods as long as i am. By the way, i live in clermont right off 27, for whoever asked.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I'm tired of all these dealerships. I've been to Greenway, Orlando Dodge, and Orlando Chrysler Jeep Hyundai and they all tell me that it's impossible to reflash a used stage 1. They treat me like I'm an idiot, when I know for a fact that it's possible to reflash it. They keep telling that once a VIN number has been burned in that it's final and nothing can be done about it.

I am now going to take the instructions in the How To section to see if they want to do those. Anyone know of any names at dealerships who can reflash stage 1?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just my two cents worth, the guys at clermont dodge actually know alittle bit about our cars. They are always messing with one that I know of. They are however jerks, my brother used to work there. I think there are two silver in the clermont area, I own one of them and I think the other is towards groveland somewhere. I'm located in minneola actually but I'm all over town. Later guys

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I took the intructions down to Greenway and even then they kept telling me it wouldn't work. Saying how if it didn't work then the Stage 1 would be rendered useless. I told them that it's useless to me right now unless it gets put on. After much convincing, I finally had them try to reflash it. They even made me take my Stage 0 out and install the Stage 1. After the reflash was successful, he made the excuse that someone had gone into the PCM and tampered with it in order for it to be able to be reflashed and that was highly illegal. Guess he couldn't admit he was wrong?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.