Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into adding a CAI to my 2004 SRT-4, but I'm confused on wich brand to go with. I would like to get some input on this if possible. What brand is the best performance gainer? Is a CAI really worth the money? If not a CAI then what type of intake? Any response or help would be appreciated. Thx.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I've got the AEM CAI. I love it and I'm not going to get rid of it, but beware of puddles if you get a CAI. Also, if you get a CAI you will hear the turbo "flutter" when you let off the gas as it slows its spooling. The AEM has fitment issues as it rubs on the top of the hood. I don't like the rubbing but i'm not going to get another one, since I like AEM :thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,026 Posts
Ill save you the headache and the burning sensation some people like to do...coming on here and ripping on newbs like you...I personally find it mean and im trying to help a brother out. Use the search button. Personally tho, look into a Psi-Fi cold air intake...i like them the best...they dont look but best but they perform the bes IMHO.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Consider the Iceman for real! Great fitment, Great sound and can feel the performance...You really don't notice the Flutter either.. Also the filter fits at an angle in the wheel well so its the highest CAI up from the ground (when concerned about sucking up water).... Either the Iceman or PSI-fI units...if only because of the non-heat conductive materials they're both made out of... Metal for a cold air intake.. umm not the most Scientifically Sound choice for keeping air cool and dense..

·
Registered
797 Posts
warriorbob said:
in my opinion go with one of the CIA's that are not metal tubes.......the reason for the CIA is to get cooler air into your engine.................their has been a million debates over the idea if the metal tubes radiate the heat to the air inside.......i am not here to debate that but in my opinion the CIA's with plastic ducting are the way to go
the warriorbob has a point. touch a metal cai after your done driving and you will scald your hand. it doesnt make sence to suck up air through a hot ass metal tube, although it does help increase the funky turbo noises... a plastic or silicone cai is the way to go. function over bling!!!!!!!!! but if you want my 2 cents, i would just keep the stocker and use a k&n drop in filter. i mean take a look at the lightweight srt-4. they're still utilizing the stock rat box and they are making over 300whp.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Epix said:
the warriorbob has a point. touch a metal cai after your done driving and you will scald your hand. it doesnt make sence to suck up air through a hot ass metal tube, although it does help increase the funky turbo noises... a plastic or silicone cai is the way to go. function over bling!!!!!!!!!
Better question is have you? I have the AEM CAI on my car and after driving the car HARD you can pop the hood and the pipe is cool to the touch and this is in HOT weather :readclose, with that said I will however be switching to the Psi-Fi unit later down the road simply as a preference.

·
Registered
797 Posts
MikeCandler said:
Better question is have you? I have the AEM CAI on my car and after driving the car HARD you can pop the hood and the pipe is cool to the touch and this is in HOT weather :readclose, with that said I will however be switching to the Psi-Fi unit later down the road simply as a preference.
made one for my five slow outta 3" exhaust pipe and she gets pretty hot, even with a nice coat of swain technologies stealth coat on her.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
i just installed my iceman intake and throttle body yesterday :thumbsup: if you follow the instructions, fitment is no problem... the cai is loud and it whistles under wot... the tb made peppier revs.. butt dyno feels good but i really need to open up the exhaust now to match the intake...

if you can handle the install, iceman is the one for joo :D

ok, i just took a pic... click here :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Doesn't CAI do nothing for turbo cars? Why does it matter if ur sucking in "colder air" when it is going to the turbo next only to create scolding air temps. The cooling process happens at the intercooler. I would think you would just need to find the best flowing intake rather than a CAI. PLease correct me if im wrong.

·
Banned
183 Posts
Boost4Brains said:
Doesn't CAI do nothing for turbo cars? Why does it matter if ur sucking in "colder air" when it is going to the turbo next only to create scolding air temps. The cooling process happens at the intercooler. I would think you would just need to find the best flowing intake rather than a CAI. PLease correct me if im wrong.
OK, before this turns into a million pages. Search and read the 32234238765345348734 threads about CAIs for the SRT-4. Not being rude, just dont want this thread to explode like the others did.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Boost4Brains said:

imho, the colder the air intake, the less work for the fmic, besides cooler air helps keep the turbo cool as well, think about it... oh and the iceman also flows very well :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thx for all the opinions and advice. Also sorry about not searching, but I just found these forums 2 days ago and I'm still learning how to use them.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
contact mopar211

he has an awesome set up

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.