Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a GTI 1.8T with a Neuspeed chip running between 15 and 17psi and a K&N drop-in. He swears up and down that it'll give the SRT a run for it's money.

I don't know much about the 18ts, but I've heard that they respond quite well to mods.

Whats everyone else's opinion? What do they run stock?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
if hes being honest the SRT but if not then you know what

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty much what I figured since the GTI weighs about the same as the SRT. They're FWD, right?

I'm 90% sure he's being honest since he's a buddy, but you never know. He mentioned that he's a $600 cam away from BIG power, but I would think he would run out of injector first. Are they a static pressure returnless fuel rail like the Neons?

250WHP from a chip? Wow. That's around 295HP crank. The compressor must be right at the edge of it's map, as I've also heard that the 18t's spool pretty quick. 295HP would require lots of CFM and PSI on a 1.8L engine. Hmm.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've seen dyno graphs somewhere of a chipped car putting like 265 tq to the wheels. Not going to search for it though cuz I don't really care :p If you're right, then the SRT4 is faster :lol:

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
numbers from a vw chip company site, three different engine codes though. not sure what your buddy has. hope this helps!!!

91 Octane Chipped 93 Octane Chipped Notes*
196hp/240lb-ft 204hp/242lb-ft AWD 5spd
196hp/240lb-ft 204hp/242lb-ft AWD Auto
209hp/242lb-ft 215hp/247lb-ft AWW 5spd

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I went to a VW 1.8t gathering. I looked for teh guy who talked the most smack. I gave him my keys and let him drive my car. He was like :shock:

There is no way a 1.8t will beat the srt unless you change the turbo among other things.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
eXtremeSRT said:
I've seen dyno graphs somewhere of a chipped car putting like 265 tq to the wheels. Not going to search for it though cuz I don't really care :p If you're right, then the SRT4 is faster :lol:
you only get 250+ whp and 265 tq to the wheels if you do the turbo, exhaust, and a chip. he will have about 200-215 whp and 240-250 wht

·
Registered
46 Posts
DUDE there is no way it will have 250 to the wheels with a chip and drop in filter. My friend has the 337 he put the best chip on the market and he did a full cat and intake and he did not put that to the wheels!! It is fast but an srt should take it so good luck!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
isnt there another 1.8t that already beat on an srt4 ?? :?

·
Registered
33 Posts
The stock turbos on the 1.8T like the K03 and K03/04 hybrid can barely reach 240 on intake, exhaust, etc. That's at the razor edge of tuning. For about $2000, there's a complete Garrett T25 turbo kit that will give it about 260-280 hp.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I have a friend with the wolfsburg jetta that was equipped with the 1.8T im not sure if its the same engine but the max I saw out of a chip just a chip was 220hp total from just the chip upgrade.

·
Registered
0 Posts
dude this is the story:

I live maybe 15mins from Neuspeed so I talked to them alot...

the only 1.8t engine that can have 256hp with JUST the Chip is 225 verison in Audi TT. The GTI got the 180 verison....

now the chip is good for atmost 30 horses (whp), more like 25 with mods you said... the K03 turbo that is persent will not be able to support more then 230 horses at the crank... the K04 will mostlikely allow it to run upto 260...

The only way to get 290 horses out of the GTI is APR stage III upgrade (that's in 4k range plus install and exhaust work, as factory cats will not live through that).

The reason I know this is because I'm looking for TT 225 Quattro to buy... they are a good platform, but by no means can the 180 version take the SRT just chipped....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
13 Participants
RedArmy
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing