Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5lb bottle that I been getting filled with CO2. I use it for my intercooler sprayer. I think that the local shop that has been filling it for me has been cheating me out. Reason why I say this. When I first got the kit a friend had it and then sold it to me. He told me that there was a little left he said probably a 1/4 of the bottle. That lastest me a long time. Now I am going to this local shop and a full bottle doesn't last me no time. When I knew there was liquid coming out a white fog would come out of the cooling ring, now nothing comes out of the ring you can hear it but you can't see it. I think they are just putting straight gas in the bottle and no liquid. Should the bottle be filled up with straight liquid? With a 5lb bottle how much should everything weight when it is filled, just a rough guess.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like you are getting ripped off. The place where you are currently having it filled probably do not have the proper equipment to fill the CO2 bottle. CO2 liquid must be pumped into the bottle. What is probably happening is very similar to a paintball shop. They take a large tank and equalize the pressure. CO2 gas is not cold by any means, not compaired to the CO2 liquid.

I would recommend finding a new filling station. Welding shops have the proper equipment to fill it.

The 5lb CO2 tank unfilled should weigh in around 7.5lbs, a proproperly filled tank should be roughly around 12.5lbs, give or take.

CO2 Liquid is what give you that white cloud and the negitive 80 degrees of cold temperatures.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is the latest update of the guy who's been filling my bottle. I went to him and told him that I didn't think that he was filling it correctly. He filled it again but this time didn't charge me anything for it. Here is my question. When filling the bottle I though that you were suppose to completely fill the bottle with liquid C02. When he fills it, it gets cold on the bottom and hot on the top. That tells me that liquid is on the bottom and gas on the top. He told me that you need the gas in the tank to pressurize the tank to get the liquid C02 out. The only problem with this is that it doesn't last long.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TO ALL MEMEBERS: DEI is doing a GREAT JOB and have awsome customer service!! I highly recommend these guys!! They can sure to look for my business in the future. Oh and I plan on converting all of my existing C02 item from NX to Cry02. thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry about the time delay, we are not in the office Saturday or Sunday.

The guy is right, it does equalize pressure, then pumped into the tank. When CO2 is compressed it does get hot, when it expands it becomes cold. When he is filling it does it make a 'chug' sound, from a machine or something? It sounds like he may have filled it properly but still maybe unsure. If his master tank is low you will not get all the liquid. The whole tank should get pretty warm when he is filling it, not just half of it.

Thank you very much for the kind words, it is greatly appreciated and glad we can be good help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts