Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to this Forum and soon to own an ACR. But before buying it i had some questions if you guys can help me out.

Its a 2005 SRT4 ACR with 160xxx miles. Clean paint. Straight body.
Almost stock with coilovers and a HKS blow off valve. The price is $4500.

Question: Is that a good price?

I'm planning on using it for commute about 80 miles a day to work and back about 3 to 4 days a week.

Question: Will it give me any issues in the long run? Or does it depend on how i drive it and maintenance wise?

My first time owning a Dodge and a turbo car.

Question: Has anyone took their srt4 over 200,000 miles and still runs good? Does turbo wear out in the future? Do i eventually have to upgrade turbo?

Thanks guys in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Welcome!

Its a 2005 SRT4 ACR with 160xxx miles. Clean paint. Straight body.
Almost stock with coilovers and a HKS blow off valve. The price is $4500.

Question: Is that a good price? - Pretty much assuming it is a Genuine ACR. You need to look at the ACR owners thread to pick out the details that make it an ACR. The VIN might help.

I'm planning on using it for commute about 80 miles a day to work and back about 3 to 4 days a week. - Assuming it is in good mechanical condition and not been abuse, that should not be a problem.

Question: Will it give me any issues in the long run? Or does it depend on how i drive it and maintenance wise? - Depends on the TRUE history of the car and what mods if any has been done to it and if it was abused. These cars are 12+ years old and tend to be abused because of the relatively cheap used car prices.

My first time owning a Dodge and a turbo car.

Question: Has anyone took their srt4 over 200,000 miles and still runs good? Does turbo wear out in the future? Do i eventually have to upgrade turbo? - Turbos wear out no matter the car. The abuse and care/maintenance determines the life. No need to upgrade until if and when it proves to be needed.
A number of owners on here have their cars in the 220K+ range but it is because they have taken care of them.

Good luck with your purchase, do yourself a favour and inspect it as much as you can. After buying, replace ALL fluids, check ALL bushings, brakes and suspension.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response.

So assuming everything is legit and really is an ACR. $4500? Good price?

·
Administrator
38,890 Posts
With the suspension removed and replaced with coilovers, it being an ACR means nothing. The rear swaybar upgrade, cheap and easy. The stickers, easily reproduced. Does it still have the original BBS wheels, in good shape? They should be darker than the aftermarket BBS RX wheels that are out there.

·
Administrator
38,890 Posts
do you mind posting the VIN here? or send me a PM? I want to look up the car and see what's up. coilovers and regular SRT-4 wheels actually degrades the value IMO. Who knows what else has been messed with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts