Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The beast has been great since day one, but took a pretty good hit in the nose earlier this week. My son "met" with a Harley on a back road, but luckily there were no injuries.

I'm attaching some pics of the damages, and the estimate for repairs for anyone interested in how much body parts cost. The good thing is that all the parts, except the A/C condenser, are coming new from DCX.

The upbeat side of this is all the minor front-end scratches I had will be gone, and my new headlights will be aimed correctly..:clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Damn

Another One Goes Down I Just Damaged Mine On Tuesday Night Havent Got An Estimate Yet Though. Glad To Here Everyone Was Ok~~

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
there's an upside to an accident?

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Dang Rob sorry to hear that man. Hope everyone is allright and the car gets back to better than new. I just got done having the driver side redone after a minivan decided he wanted to make love to the side of my car. Good luck man and can't wait to see you at Nationals. BTW i don't see Mr. Ransom's name on the HPDE list on the site!!! That is just temporary right? :thumbsup: I still got a lot of learning to do so you gotta come out and show me how it is done in the Nitrous wheel chair.
Randy

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
da flowz said:
The HD F-150 maybe? Or maybe it was parked or something :dunno:
Your typical Harley owner has about 200 pounds of padding before you reach any internal organs. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually the rider was VERY lucky, he hit on his back on the windshield which took most of the impact. Plus he was not wearing a helmet, which makes the lack of injuries even more surprising.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
who was at fault?

·
Registered
582 Posts
wow your insurance is getting raped for most of those parts if you fix it yourself you will most definiately save yourself on insurace..... my second srt-4 front end was smashed in so bad when i bought it ....my upper rad support was touching the battery and i still ended up fixing it myself for less than 4000 cdn... i know people whos insurance has gone up even tho they were not at fault.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Randy, if you are talking about the drag strip events at Nats, I don't usually run any drags, my concentration is primarily on the road course side of things.

I considered doing the repairs myself, but several factors came in to play.

Front end is pushed over about an inch requiring a "frame" machine to get it straight.

Allstate guarantees the repairs for the life of the car.

All parts except A/C condenser are coming new from Dodge.

My cost is going to be $500 plus a 10% increase in my insurance premium (for me, that works out to about $120 per year, and that means it will take 41 years to make up the difference for the cost of repairs)

Time is a factor, and the car should be back to me in under 2 weeks.

I get to drive a 2006 Eclipse GT-V6 rental car for the time my car is in the shop....:rofl: :clap: :jester:

·
Registered
202 Posts
RaptorRed said:
My cost is going to be $500 plus a 10% increase in my insurance premium (for me, that works out to about $120 per year, and that means it will take 41 years to make up the difference for the cost of repairs)
You also need to take into account how much in insurance you have already paid them on the car.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
RaptorRed said:
Randy, if you are talking about the drag strip events at Nats, I don't usually run any drags, my concentration is primarily on the road course side of things.
Na i am talking about the road course. Just didn't see your name up yet and don't get to talk to you much just making sure your good out there. :thumbsup: Road course wouldn't be the same without you out there.
Randy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts