Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it normal that your afr's get all screwed up when you unplug the battery? the reason for me unplugging the battery was to reset the octane reading on the ecu since i was gonna run c-16 out at the track. well i never made it out to the track!!! i spent most of the night trying to figure out why my afr's went crazy. basically i could just tell that at wot the car was just not the same. then i noticed that my wide band was reading [email protected] i'm running s2 injectors with an afc on a s1 ecu. even when i zero'd out my "hi map" the afr didn't change at all. i have reset the battery before but i never noticed any thing weird like this before. the only thing that has changed on my car recently is a lorenzo tb, and race fuel. it just seemed no matter how much fuel i threw at it, it would just stay in the 14.xx's!
then after driving to a buddies shop and messing with the car for a while suddenly the car was back to normal. the only thing we did really was remove and reinstall the tps sensor on the tb! went on a test drive and "bam" the cars back to normal again. so was it the tps.......? or did it have something to do with the battery and the ecu just needed time to learn the maps again?
:stab:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
morning bump.....

has anybody ever seen this happen to them? :readclose

·
Registered
639 Posts
right on

DWAIST said:
is it normal that your afr's get all screwed up when you unplug the battery? the reason for me unplugging the battery was to reset the octane reading on the ecu since i was gonna run c-16 out at the track. well i never made it out to the track!!! i spent most of the night trying to figure out why my afr's went crazy. basically i could just tell that at wot the car was just not the same. then i noticed that my wide band was reading [email protected] i'm running s2 injectors with an afc on a s1 ecu. even when i zero'd out my "hi map" the afr didn't change at all. i have reset the battery before but i never noticed any thing weird like this before. the only thing that has changed on my car recently is a lorenzo tb, and race fuel. it just seemed no matter how much fuel i threw at it, it would just stay in the 14.xx's!
then after driving to a buddies shop and messing with the car for a while suddenly the car was back to normal. the only thing we did really was remove and reinstall the tps sensor on the tb! went on a test drive and "bam" the cars back to normal again. so was it the tps.......? or did it have something to do with the battery and the ecu just needed time to learn the maps again?
:stab:
same here with a big turbo 750's return line s1 and so on. after a long time with no battery it takes the pcm time to relearn. you can notice it as you drive. first drive the closed loop a/f are all over then it levels out to where they should be. takes a few though. i have noticed the longer the better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts