Dodge SRT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
looks like im gonna have to put my little 5MP windows phone camera to the test then. ive found a few spots around VA where i would love to take some shots of my golf and my srt. once i get both of them cleaned up a bit :|

·
SRTforums Member, Photography Police, 2011 Calenda
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
looks like im gonna have to put my little 5MP windows phone camera to the test then. ive found a few spots around VA where i would love to take some shots of my golf and my srt. once i get both of them cleaned up a bit :|

Yep! The quality wont be there, but just putting more effort into your pictures will make them that much better.

·
Registered
518 Posts
and just to clarify, this stuff applies to ALL photography pretty much right? ive been wanting to get some really good pictures of my new baby, but cant quite seem to get it right. my wife does photgraphy for a hobby, but she isnt good at explaining how it all works lol. thanks for all your help man im gonna have to take a few shots and find the critique thread and post em up

·
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
and just to clarify, this stuff applies to ALL photography pretty much right? ive been wanting to get some really good pictures of my new baby, but cant quite seem to get it right. my wife does photgraphy for a hobby, but she isnt good at explaining how it all works lol. thanks for all your help man im gonna have to take a few shots and find the critique thread and post em up

Yep, but if you want me to explain things more towards portraits and such, just shoot me a PM.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
how about a picture like this one? whats your openion? i know this is an old thread but i just looked through it

Attachments

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I want ur hood :D

That's a neon....
thanks im actually getting it re cleared some time soon and the side vents are getting color matched to the eblue

·
Registered
558 Posts
I was gonna get a hood exactly like that. The guy wanted a straight trade for my stock hood but then some guy offered money :banghead:

That's a neon....

·
Registered
810 Posts
Old thread but great read. Subscribed.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
this is a pic my wife took for me one of our more favorites

Attachments

·
SRTforums Member, Master Avatar Creator,
378 Posts
Everything Flame said. You can keep the tree in the picture but I would stand more to the right so the tree isn't "growing" from your car. Also, make sure you aren't crowding the car, give it some breathing space from the border of the picture, keeping in mind the rule of thirds.

·
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
how about a picture like this one? whats your openion? i know this is an old thread but i just looked through it
Very rarely am I ever a fan of a picture with that angle, and generally when I am it is on a runway or just some open tarmac. As for the picture itself, it could use a bit of contrast, and the tree to the side is a distraction.

this is a pic my wife took for me one of our more favorites

Basically what the other 2 guys said, back off the car some. Either raise the camera up some to change the angle so you see the base of the tree in the background... or move to the side a little bit to keep it from coming out of your hood.

The thing that would help the picture the most though is giving the car some breathing room. That would also give you some more background to work with in the picture.

Sorry for the late reply... I honestly quit paying attention to this thread because of the lack of response.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
just some more pictures being played with... the only wooden old bridge in my sticks town.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29,105 Posts
Way too much empty space in the foreground and because the foreground is so bright, its distracting. I'd suggest starting the bottom of the picture at the edge of the bridge and zooming in on the car a little bit.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
croped the shot to focus more on the car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Looks much better.

The quality of the photo is horrid, but I assume it was on a cellphone?
damnit ya cought me...:stab: yes it was done on a cellphone.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
yea im trying to get the wife a good dslr camera, she wnts to get into photagraphy more.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts
About this Discussion
83 Replies
35 Participants
sigma pi
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing