Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Your analogy would work if my car had no reflections.. and was on a solid black background. The reflections create contrast and the edges of the car are clearly defined... It doesn't just "blur" away into the background.
If thats what your going for then sure, but thats not what I saw.

What you are describing would be more like so:

While the picture below is not the best representation you can clearly see the contrast between foreground and background

Just food for thought.

·
SRTforums Member, Photography Police, 2011 Calenda
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Starting a new job soon.. which should leave me open more often to being able to get out and take some pictures so I can finally update this thread.. I want to do a night shoot for the next section... Or would someone rather have just a regular shoot?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Night shots please!

·
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hey parker, if you need more space on the first page, let me know and I'll arrange that for you.

Great write up, I'll be keeping up with this thread.

We will see once I finally start having some time again. I've got a lot of free time this week before the new job starts so hopefully I can add a lot more to this.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Aww, I got excited when I saw the e-mail about this thread. I thought there was going to be some very useful night shot information... instead, it was a Mustang.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Very helpful. You're the man Parker...man.

·
Registered
518 Posts
:thumbsup:would love to see more info on point and shoot cameras. im interested in getting pics of my car, but im not hot and heavy into phtography so i cant justify spending money on a nice DSLR camera. very nice info so far though ive learned a bit that i didnt know :thumbsup:

·
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Well, it pretty much all applies to Point and Shoots too. The main things with them is you just want to compose your shots well... Unless its a more advanced P&S where you can adjust your settings and such.. then you can be more creative.

The biggest thing I stress though.. P&S or DSLR, or even a phone camera... If you know how to set up a shot and compose it well, it will show. That's why that was all the first section was about.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts