Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does one remove the badging without ruining the paint or the badging itself? Those with experience please reply.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I dont know the style of badging it is but if its kinda big and thick, you will be able to get a piece of fishing line and work it behind the badge and work it if. Or you can try a grocery stor discount card, or any card with no embosed numbers and just slide it behind the badging and work it of.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Are you talking about the dealer advertisement badging or the SRT-4 badging? If it's the former, I'd try something like Goo Gone (Wal Mart. drugstores, etc...)

I wrote to my dealer last night requesting that they leave the dealership ad OFF the back of my car. I don't mind a license plate bracket (highly removeable), but the dealer name on the paint is unacceptable to me.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chill out spitter, just thinkin about cleanin up the back. By removing the Dodge & the SRT-4 emblems most won't have a clue what just flew by 'em. Inexpensive theft deterent as well, along with my license plate frame "Thou shall not steal - My Automobile!

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't usually bring posts back from the dead but I figured a lot of people have there SRT-4's now maybe someone is considering a full or partial debadging. Anybody out there considering it?

·
Registered
7,982 Posts

Well ,
I requested no dealership sticker on my car, and I didnt notice it until I was back in tampa. Those bastrads stuck one on there...I used some HOTTT water on a rag, and pulled it off. I have like 3 small glue spots left on it.

NEXT,

Possibly DEBADGING....looks tough...no space behind the letters.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
RUgoinup said:
Chill out spitter, just thinkin about cleanin up the back. By removing the Dodge & the SRT-4 emblems most won't have a clue what just flew by 'em. Inexpensive theft deterent as well, along with my license plate frame "Thou shall not steal - My Automobile!
It is the same as with the Suzuki SWIFT GT for Geo badging. Nothing is worst when a little geo on steroids passes a Acura or Honda ricer. LOL

Though, it is funny to allow folks to think "...what is the hell was that."

However, allow a bodyshop do it. It will take a heater gun, oil base liquid in a squirt bottle, and a clean razor to remove it.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My first mod! :lol:

I did the rear (Dodge + SRT-4) last night and it looks super clean and now the car looks very mysterious to the uninformed.

All they are is bendable plastic stickers. I used a blockbuster video car and I started from the top of the left side of the letters and used a downward right motion and they came off easily. My garage was hot which may have loosened them up a bit. I used a little alcohol to get the small amount of goo off. There is a slight ghosting effect where the letters where but I'm sure a little wax/buff will remove that.

They are still in good shape if I choose to re-apply them later. :wink:

I'll post pics as soon as it stops raining here!

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
RUgoinup said:
My first mod! :lol:

I did the rear (Dodge + SRT-4) last night and it looks super clean and now the car looks very mysterious to the uninformed.

All they are is bendable plastic stickers. I used a blockbuster video car and I started from the top of the left side of the letters and used a downward right motion and they came off easily. My garage was hot which may have loosened them up a bit. I used a little alcohol to get the small amount of goo off. There is a slight ghosting effect where the letters where but I'm sure a little wax/buff will remove that.

They are still in good shape if I choose to re-apply them later. :wink:

I'll post pics as soon as it stops raining here!
Oh its raining there now and not here :lol: grats on the car and the ricer look :D j/k

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
daytonagts said:
grats on the car and the ricer look :D j/k
I didn't know that was rice too, if you read the reasons I stated before you'll see why I did it.

Thanks 4 the grats Daytona.

Yes, I meant b-buster video card. It was the thinnest one in my walet.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
RUgoinup said:
daytonagts said:
grats on the car and the ricer look :D j/k
I didn't know that was rice too, if you read the reasons I stated before you'll see why I did it.

Thanks 4 the grats Daytona.

Yes, I meant b-buster video card. It was the thinnest one in my walet.
It is not a ricer way to remove any badging but to add a hundred pieces
of decals and let's no forget the 'R' badge. (meaning RICER)...

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You won't have to worry about me doing any of that!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
14 Participants
scootergeek
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing