Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around my neighbor hood and saw 2 SR20 240sxs, so I just asked if they posted on tamparacing, we chatted a little then they said I should have my turbo looked at because "when it sounds like a drill its gone bad" I said it was just my intake making the spool so loud but he insisted it was bad.

I mean how could it be bad? What would cause it to go bad so fast if it is infact bad. I mean I know the Injen SRI is supposed to be loud but it is really friggin loud at 10 vac up. WHen I first installed my intake the scilicone popped off and it was halfway on, maybe that could have made it go bad? Reason I am asking this is because I am getting ready to put stage 1 on my car, and once thats on and my turbo is infact bad, my warrantee is fuxored. I can get a soundclip if anyone wants but I have no place to host it.

Could it be a boost leak maybe? Stupid car and its noises =(

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bleh those fucks ill slash their tires... not really.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
slash there faces :stab: (not realy). dont listen to those lying jelous no nothings. If it aint broke dont fix it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
its not bad you will notice smoke coming out of the exhaust.if the turbo is going bad.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
That and you would probablly be losing boost pressure.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
the drill noise is the sound of it spooling. Every turbo sounds like that. Ever hear big ass 18 wheelers on the highway? You know those things have to be working to pull that heavy ass load.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hate to rain on this thread's parade but have your turbo checked. All I can say publicly is that from personal experience with my stock, unraced, non-abused 04 SRT-4, nothing is guaranteed immune to manufacturer defects at any mileage.

·
Registered
495 Posts
LiveWire said:
Hate to rain on this thread's parade but have your turbo checked. All I can say publicly is that from personal experience with my stock, unraced, non-abused 04 SRT-4, nothing is guaranteed immune to manufacturer defects at any mileage.
Especially on a 20K NEON. They have to cut corners somewhere..Out the 5 gagillion parts on the car 1 part is going to eventually fail...ITS A PROVEN FACT whether its just a weak ass bolt or a weak as bolt inside the engine that makes it blow something will eventually need to be looked at.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Again im sure it's fine. U may check it if you want to. Take the intake tube off and check for shaft play and spin the turbine and see if there is any grinding or of it stops very sudden. Unless u sucked something up or have the oil line kinked somehow I'd say it's fine.

·
Registered
427 Posts
is there smoke coming from exhaust when you gun it? are there lots of oil in charge pipe? If you answered yes to any of them two, bring it in so they can check it. It should be covered

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Obviously the two assholes you talked to where screwing with you and there's nothing wrong with your turbo. Does your car still go fast? If so, there's nothing wrong. Make sure you're a prick to those haters next time you see them and make sure you smoke the hell out of them!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts